A young doctor moved to a small community to replace a doctor who had retired. The senior doctor suggested that he accompany him on his rounds, so the community could become used to a new doctor.

At the first house a woman complains :- "I've been feeling sick lately."

The older doctor says:- "You've probably been overdoing the fresh fruit. Cut back on the amount you've been eating."

As they left, the young partner said :- "You didn't even examine that woman ! How did you make the diagnosis so quickly?"

"You noticed I dropped my stethoscope on the floor ? When I bent over to pick it up, I noticed a half dozen banana peels in the trash bin. That was probably making her sick."

Younger doctor :- “I'll try that at the next house."

Arriving at the next house, they spent several minutes talking with a younger woman. She said that she just didn't have the energy she once did :- "I'm feeling terribly run down lately."

"You've probably been doing too much for the church" the younger doctor told her.

As they left, the senior doctor said, "I know that woman well. Your diagnosis is correct, she's very active in the church, but how did you arrive at it?"

"I did what you did at the last house. I dropped my stethoscope and, when I bent down to retrieve it, I noticed the minister under the bed