Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i am now in ireland

i am now in ireland

Hi guys, just to let all you friends know, i am now in ireland with Lolita, i will update you all with details later,

i didn't want to say anything untill i was sure i would be successful,

i am very busy sorting things out just now but will tell you all about it soon

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thank's for the info Stewart, your there for good reason I presume, look forward to hearing from you later!

Oooo it's like a trailer for the next big blockbuster

Come on, stop teasing and tell us why you're there

Wow,you get around,i thought you were in pinas for good?Best of luck whatever you decide,your one of the good guys

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Hi guys, just to let all you friends know, i am now in ireland with Lolita, i will update you all with details later,

i didn't want to say anything untill i was sure i would be successful,

i am very busy sorting things out just now but will tell you all about it soon
    I had a feeling something was afoot when you were in Manila for so long.
    Now I think it might be a mile.

Surinder Singh springs to mind ?????

back "home", well ... ... near enough, Stewart ... and the BEST of luck with your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

That's what I thought, if it is good luck...

That's a surprise. Thought you were in the Phils for good. Best of luck with everything

yes lol spot on peter,and thanks for the welcome home arthur,

well when we first started hearing about the referendom to leave europe, i began to research about the ss route,

though we had different plans like going to thailand for a year or so then do a visit to uk, the thought that this maybe our only chance and should do it as soon as we could, i studied the route for about 3 months, while we proceeded to sell out the commercial building we built, then we headed for manila to get passport plus cfo seminar and certificate, and apply for a c visa for ireland, though we could have chosen any european country we chose ireland being close to home and english speaking,
    the visa was supposed to take only 4 weeks, but ireland had backlogs, all in all it took 3 months to process, finaly we had the visa and booked our flights to ireland, arriving here on the 30th dec, in good time to start a new year here,

all considerations led me to make this decision, though i could get my medicines i couldnt get some of the regular tests and check ups i should be getting, food was another issue, i have pancrius problems and my small colon taken away some years back which limits what i can eat without suffering, now i can afford to choose in uk because there is lots variety to choose from, but in philippines there was very little i was comfortable to eat,which left we baisicaly whith my main food being chicken, and burger steak in jolly be, plus any imports i was able to get, malaybalay had very little import choices, though the time i spent in manila was much more for me to eat, the long term heat was a factor also, mosquito bites every night, and racing to eat my food before the ants lol,
    so now im here in ireland there are certain requirements i have to fulfill within the 3 months lita is allowed to stay here so that she can have residency, then other requirements if we want to move on to uk,

we are staying in a place called waterford about 3 hours bus ride from dublin airport, it is so nice here shopping center with everything you need, with 3 days we found our own apartment to rent with the help of a good friend a scotsman who i got to know while researching the ss route, he arrived here just a few weeks before us,
    i like it here so much we may not bother to move home to scotland, anyway that decision will be made later

ps im enjoying the good food here, oh how i missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Trusted Member
    Welcome Stewart and Lolita, I understand your reasons for returning, best wishes for this New Year and your future .

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Welcome Stewart and Lolita, I understand your reasons for returning, best wishes for this New Year and your future .
    thank you Doc Alan and may the New Year make all your best wishes the best

Trusted Member
    Welcome back Stewart and Lolita !

I wish you the best of luck with your future plans.

Also I'll be interested in the way things pan out, as it's something I may consider also, for myself and my wife... just so we have more choices in life.

I'm not surprised you like Waterford. Beautiful place ! I have lots of relations in Co.Wicklow from my (Irish) mother's side of the family. An ancestor of mine was in fact a Bishop of Waterford, so it's said.

Anyway, keep us updated, and again, the best of luck to you both.

Wish you all the best Stewart! Glad you managed to find a buyer for your commercial building too..Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Welcome back Stewart and Lolita !

I wish you the best of luck with your future plans.

Also I'll be interested in the way things pan out, as it's something I may consider also, for myself and my wife... just so we have more choices in life.

I'm not surprised you like Waterford. Beautiful place ! I have lots of relations in Co.Wicklow from my (Irish) mother's side of the family. An ancestor of mine was in fact a Bishop of Waterford, so it's said.

Anyway, keep us updated, and again, the best of luck to you both.
    thanks graham yeah its certainly a beutiful place, i didnt find out untill after i arrived here, my sister told me it is where my irish step father came from,he was my dad from my age then of about 3 yrs old ,so he was very much my own dad, small world

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Wish you all the best Stewart! Glad you managed to find a buyer for your commercial building too..Well done.
    thanks Fred

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    yes lol spot on peter,and thanks for the welcome home arthur,
    Ah ... it's a pleasure, mate! Having read your most interesting update since, I'm delighted to learn you and Lolita are living in such a truly beautiful location ... with its ties to your Irish stepfather to whom you felt so close. Once again, I wish you BOTH every joy & happiness.

Good to see things are going well. Waterford is indeed a lovely place, world famous for its cut crystal, you could say the gem of the Emerald Isle.
    Wishing you every success for the coming year

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Good to see things are going well. Waterford is indeed a lovely place, world famous for its cut crystal, you could say the gem of the Emerald Isle.
    Wishing you every success for the coming year
    thanks

All the best Stewart and Lolita, you deserve success for your efforts in getting a better life together.
    Mick.

Good luck Stewart to both you and Lolita

Based on what you've said I can fully understand your reasons for a needing that change.
    It was a brave decision you made at the outset and you certainly gave it more than a good shot to secure the lifestyle you need.

I'm sure you'll both fully enjoy this new year 2016 as you begin a new chapter in life.
    All good luck and very best wishes for a shining new future together.

As I'm sure others do, I'm looking forward to reading your updates on your adventures

My best wishes to both you Stewart and your wife in your new adventures

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow what a brave man you are Stewart, wish you and your wife all the happiness in the world, look forward to your updates!

thanks mick, peter, lordner and michael

In contrast, as an avid foodie of 'fruits of the ocean' that's one reason for me to prefer Philippines to UK

It's no secret we'd both put Japan as our number one retirement locations but life is what we make of it.

I am in sunderland at the minute,i got a train up early to look at a buy-to-let,i grabbed the metro newspaper at kings cross,theres a load of letters on page 5 regarding a story the paper ran recently,a afghan/iraq veteran who left the army and got a job as a van driver,he doesnt make £18,600 a year so cant bring his wife to the country he fought for,glad you found an alternative route mate,but what a strange lot the UK rule makers are,in the EU we are all supposed to be equal..........Unless your from GB

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Yes... for everyone but its own citizens, the UK is a laughing stock and perceived as a soft touch. I've stopped bothering to get upset about it now. Too late.

The only way that OUR chosen partners will be treated differently is if the flow of the vast majority of incomers is stopped... ie, those coming from the EU. So vote 'NO'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    what a strange lot the UK rule makers are, in the EU we are all supposed to be equal..........Unless you're from GB
    .................. ... one with which ALL forumers are in complete agreement!

Hope everything works out.

If I had to have taken this route, I have grandparents who retired to a place 30 minutes from Galway some 30 years ago, wonder if they'd have let us stay in their place for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes... for everyone but its own citizens, the UK is a laughing stock and perceived as a soft touch. I've stopped bothering to get upset about it now. Too late.

The only way that OUR chosen partners will be treated differently is if the flow of the vast majority of incomers is stopped... ie, those coming from the EU. So vote 'NO'.
    Its like an odd formof reverse racism being treated like second class citizens in our own country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information