Thread: Advice on citizenship application

Advice on citizenship application

Hi folks,

I already made an appointment for Checking Services at Peterborough on 31 of March for my application for British Citizenship. I am under old rules and used my IELTS which already expired in 2013 during my ILR application last 2015, I was just wondering if they will also accept the same IELTS that I used during my ILR application for my Citizenship application, Thank you so much for all your inputs.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 19th March 2016 at 16:14. Reason: Capitalised initial letter in first word of thread title for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by filscot99 View Post
    Hi folks,

I already made an appointment for Checking Services at Peterborough on 31 of March for my application for British Citizenship. I am under old rules and used my IELTS which already expired in 2013 during my ILR application last 2015, I was just wondering if they will also accept the same IELTS that I used during my ILR application for my Citizenship application, Thank you so much for all your inputs.
    Yes, I'm pretty certain they should do ... especially when it was already accepted for your ILR. But, for the sake of being absolutely certain, it might be worth your while contacting the Peterborough Checking Service - ahead of your appointment - simply in order to confirm.

Respected Member
    Yes they will, Rose was in the same situation. First day in UK 06/2012, 3 year rule, language test from around April 2012.

My wife had no problems either having got citizenship last year when the IELTS had expired, I am of the opinion that the 2 year shelf life refers to when u first apply for spouse/marriage visa not any applications further down the line although I stand to be corrected on here if I am wrong.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    And a big YES from me, good luck

If you have an intention to apply British Passport do be sure the name on the Filipino passport and the indicated name of the Naturalisation certificate are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    If you have an intention to apply British Passport do be sure the name on the Filipino passport and the indicated name of the Naturalisation certificate are the same.
    MY wife's middle name differed on her Filipino passport and our marriage/naturalization certificate but the authorities accepted our explanation as to the reason why and issued her a British passport.

Thank you so much for all the advice and I will keep you posted afterwards..

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    MY wife's middle name differed on her Filipino passport and our marriage/naturalization certificate but the authorities accepted our explanation as to the reason why and issued her a British passport.
    It's important to note that regulations state that British passports are not issued in a name different from other passports held.

Perhaps you were lucky or perhaps the regulations are being more strictly adopted these days.

Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Terpe; 19th March 2016 at 07:45.

That is one of the reasons why I want to renew my passport. I want my married name reflected on my British passport ...thanks to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Thread Information