Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Mans Better Life ?

Hi, I really enjoyed reading this topic. Can I just share what I’m thinking?

When you are young:
    - Live in UK, endure the cold weather and lack of your favourite foods. Feel lucky you are living in a prominent country.
    - Work in UK, there’s always work for a hardworking Filipino.
    - Earn in UK, but don’t spend a lot in UK (save your money be thrifty… not stingy&#33

When you get old:
    - Retire in Philippines – your bones will love the warm climate and you'll have all the time to chat with your friends and family as well as do whatever you want... go to a beach, watch a movie, etc. etc.
    - It doesn’t matter if there’s no job available in the Philippines – you don’t need a job because you’re retired!
    - If your lucky and you live longer – you’ll get to enjoy the money that you’ve saved up over the years because your money will go further in the Philippines.

Well, I’m not suggesting that people here should think or do the same… each to his own… hi&#33; hi&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(angina_pectoris &#064; May 17 2006, 09&#58;36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi, I really enjoyed reading this topic. Can I just share what I’m thinking?

When you are young:
    - Live in UK, endure the cold weather and lack of your favourite foods. Feel lucky you are living in a prominent country.
    - Work in UK, there’s always work for a hardworking Filipino.
    - Earn in UK, but don’t spend a lot in UK (save your money be thrifty… not stingy&#33

When you get old:
    - Retire in Philippines – your bones will love the warm climate and you&#39;ll have all the time to chat with your friends and family as well as do whatever you want... go to a beach, watch a movie, etc. etc.
    - It doesn’t matter if there’s no job available in the Philippines – you don’t need a job because you’re retired&#33;
    - If your lucky and you live longer – you’ll get to enjoy the money that you’ve saved up over the years because your money will go further in the Philippines.

Well, I’m not suggesting that people here should think or do the same… each to his own… hi&#33; hi&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]
    When you are young - spend all your money flying to the Philippines & drink san-mig.
    When you get old - just drink san-mig.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(angina_pectoris &#064; May 17 2006, 09&#58;36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

When you get old:
    - Retire in Philippines – your bones will love the warm climate and you&#39;ll have all the time to chat with your friends and family as well as do whatever you want... go to a beach, watch a movie, etc. etc.
    - It doesn’t matter if there’s no job available in the Philippines – you don’t need a job because you’re retired&#33;

[/b][/quote]

My wife and I have discussed this several times. By the time we come to retire the house we are hoping to buy soon would be paid off, and even at todays prices we could retire and live in the Philippines for years on the money we&#39;d get for it.

Obviously, we&#39;d have savings and maybe pension/s coming in. My only worry would be leaving our daughter behind, and any medical problems, as that is one thing lacking in the PI if you live in certain areas. Mind you, the daughter may well have got married and moved far away herself by the time I retire.

Last time I was in Angeles they had built a real nice &#39;international&#39; hospital, but I&#39;ve been told recently that they are going bankrupt, nurses haven&#39;t been paid for months and service is abysmal. Maybe not quite what people were expecting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information