Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
There have indeed been many changes in Malaysia and KL since I was last there, although my memory doesn’t have to stretch as far back as Graham’s !

Teaching medical students in 1978 :-

... Revisiting the University this year, where one of my previous junior trainees is now Professor :-

The country has more than doubled in population in the past 40 years. Coupled with that, car ownership and traffic have increased dramatically, despite a good Light Rail Transit, with planned Mass Rail Transit and Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High Speed Rail systems. There are over 350 cars / 1000 population ( 31 Philippines ; 500 UK ). The " new " airport is massive, quite intimidating and a long way from KL centre.

GDP is $ 313bn ( Philippines $ 272 ; UK $ 2,679 bn ). Falling oil prices have adversely affected the Malaysian dollar ( ringgit ). Only 3% of the labour workforce are unemployed ( Philippines and UK around 7 - 8% ).

Quality photos - ALL of them - Alan ... along with the fascinating insights you've provided into the changes that've occurred in Malaysia over the past four decades.

... let me guess - in the first two of the three you've posted [directly above] the ones featuring your goodself - is the student on the extreme right, the lady who is [now] the Professor pictured with you in the second?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
Nice old photo Alan. What a handsome chap you were....still are
Absolutely! ... on EACH of the three things mentioned.