Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duterte Campaign Receives Further Boost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Duterte Campaign Receives Further Boost

Already streaks ahead of his rivals ... the Davao City Mayor's campaign has been given a further boost. And it comes from the "pen" of prominent, "no nonsense " Filipino columnist, Carmen Navarro Pedrosa - a firm believer in "telling it as it is"
    - who writes:

"Duterte is serious about the need for constitutional change that will transform the Philippines [Administration] to a parliamentary system with a federal structure."

http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2016...-crowd-duterte

Clearly, his policies have struck a chord with the masses - based on his track record within the city he has served for so many years - along with his ability to readily identify with the people he represents; it is *these qualities as a leader, she adds, that combine to form his party's 'protective shield' against cheating.

But, she cautions, ... "Evil CANNOT simply be banished overnight, ... it's an ongoing task, that'll take time to achieve. And here - ALL things considered - is the man whom I believe to be the person BEST~equipped to initiate the process."

http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2016...-not-disappear
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 5th May 2016 at 21:19. Reason: *Highlighted

Duterte,RoXas,Binay and Poe are wonderful human beings and all would make wonderful presidents.
    Good luck to all of them in fair measure!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Duterte,RoXas,Binay and Poe are wonderful human beings and all would make wonderful presidents.
    Good luck to all of them in fair measure!!
    For a minute I was going to ask you to check your for splinters as I thought you were well and truly sat on the fence.
    Then I realised

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    For a minute I was going to ask you to check your for splinters as I thought you were well and truly sat on the fence.
    Then I realised

Then I realised
    ... what did you realise, Simon?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... what did you realise, Simon?

Sometimes what's not written is just as important as what is written Arthur

Sometimes what's not written is just as important as what is written Arthur
    And thats the implicite truth.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Carmen pedrosa "says it as it is" Given that the philippines is in the top 5 most dangerous places in the world to be a journalist i think she "says it as she is told"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

there is a photochop video going round with him in bed with a 17 year old i guess his opponents are getting worried how far out in front he is at the polls

Trusted Member
    I think the bloke may be a bit crackers... but that never stopped anyone becoming a President .

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I think the bloke may be a bit crackers... but that never stopped anyone becoming a President .
    Agreed he is as daft as a brush

He says he is going to eradicate all Crime and drugs in the Philippines but he cant even do that in Davao City
    For me he comes across as a typical barangy bully boy captain who opens his mouth without engaging his brain
    I would rather any of the other candidates winning the election than this guy

He owns many properties and lots across the Philippines mostly in other family members names
    He threatened to reveal all his bank accounts but his campaign team don't seem very keen on that one

I would not put it past him to try and start a war with China

Just being linked to any death squads should make him unelectable but sadly in the Philippines it does not

A tough talker who shoots from the hip yes but as a president on the world stage he would be totally out of his depth

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Agreed he is as daft as a brush

He says he is going to eradicate all Crime and drugs in the Philippines but he cant even do that in Davao City
    For me he comes across as a typical barangy bully boy captain who opens his mouth without engaging his brain

He owns many properties and lots across the Philippines mostly in other family members names
    He threatened to reveal all his bank accounts but his campaign team don't seem very keen on that one

I would not put it past him to try and start a war with China

Just being linked to any death squads should make him unelectable but sadly in the Philippines it does not

A tough talker who shoots from the hip yes but as a president on the world stage he would be totally out of his depth
    Seems to be the same as Trump

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Seems to be the same as Trump
    Much worse than Trump

The department of justice has just confirmed its investigation into the unexplained killings perpetrated by the Davao death squads and the involvement of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte

No? Then how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiG5...layer_embedded

And that was back in February 2013 ... long before he was coerced into running in the Presidential race.

For me he comes across as a typical barangy bully boy captain ...
    You think so? I doubt if many of his Davaonian constituents would agree with you.

... who opens his mouth without engaging his brain
    ... rather like yourself!

Oh really? So I take it you'd prefer corrupt individuals like Roxas ... whose mind seems to've "mysteriously" gone blank when quizzed as to the whereabouts of the Yolanda Typhooon funds ... or Binay, who "fiddled the books" when he was Mayor of Makatti ... or Poe who lied about her citizenship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiG5...layer_embedded

And that was back in February 2013 ... long before he was coerced into running in the Presidential race.
    One in the eye there also ^ ... ... for ALL the other cynics!

Respected Member
    One in the eye there also ^ ... ... for ALL the other cynics!
    The last thing the Philippines needs is this crackpot running the country

He had a go at the Pope and then had to say sorry
    His remarks about a rape victim were beyond the pale
    Drugs and crime still prevail in Davao = so no change there

Please give me your take on Duterte's 41 properties ?
    His 3 bank accounts with accumulated transactions of P2.4 Billion?

Duterte even denied having a BPI account until it was uploaded online and then he stated that it only had a "few thousand pesos" and then he has since changed that to "a little less than P211 million"

Yes he is popular but then Imelda Marcos was and still is = you could not make it up!

Not bad for a guy who tries to pass himself off as being pro poor and a man of the people

At least Poe has some diplomacy skills and a good education background Duterte has neither

I have to admit that Rodrigo Duterte's rise is pretty impressive. My mahal has been watching dozens of clips of him on her phone and says that he is exactly what the Philippines needs. When I refer to him with a laugh as "Mr two-thirty" she puts on her serious face and repeats that he's the man for the job. It's interesting to me why he has become so popular. The Philippines has always had a law and order problem, but in the last two years many Filipinos have told me that there has been a particularly worrying rise in drug abuse and kidnapping. Not having been over since 2011 I can't really comment, but it seems to be a widely held view. What are your thoughts guys and girls, is this the truthor wild exagerration?

Duterte is the best of a bad bunch,my son is kinblood with a well known family in davao,he has a cousin and an uncle who work for duterte,davao still has its crime,murders,shabu labs,gang rapes etc,its not the shangri la of the PI by a long shot,but it feels comfortable to some of us.

... "Duterte vote is the voice of angry Filipinos" - Francisco Sonil Jose, Philiippines National Artist for Literature.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/halalan2016/...ational-artist

's it in a nutshell ... ... says it ALL, really!

Trusted Member
    They may both come across as slightly barmy, but Mr Trump is several leagues above Duterte in the 'credibility stakes', I'd have thought... and certainly in the US, one man cannot rule the country, as has been well demonstrated in the case of Obama and his (IMO) somewhat ineffectual terms of office.

Yup,his policies as such arent realistic but who else is there,the rest are political dynasty thieves,london_Manila has it right,how can dirtyturte eradicate graft corruption kidnapping and drugs on 7107 islands when he cant do it in one city and heaven forbid his thuggish manly tattoo'd daughter follows him into malacanang

Trusted Member
    Well, as long as the winner is 'foreigner-friendly', not a lot we can do to change anything.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well, as long as the winner is 'foreigner-friendly', not a lot we can do to change anything.
    Expect the Idi Amin variety of foreigner friendly if the crackpot gets elected

Powder keg countries are great until wrong people get into power

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Don't know a lot about Philippine politics but since the days of Marcos (who by the way was controlled by Imelda) it's always seemed to me that the voters seem to want Entertainers or someone of extreme wealth rather than a good stable person with head for real politics and how to run a country, just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    it's always seemed to me that the voters seem to want Entertainers
    President Pacquaio maybe one day? The title certainly has a ring to it.

They say there's a fine line between a crackpot and a genius.

Not saying Duterte's either but he's a better candidate than the usual self-serving fraudsters which get elected.

I spoke to someone in Davao this morning who described duterte as the best of lesser evils,they are all corrupt but its hobsons choice.If pacman ran then i could seenhim getting massive votes,it was only a few years ago that people were indeed saying Pacman For President.

I spoke to a few ladies munching chicken in KFC opposite the european HQ of iglesia ni christo church one told me the church is backing duterte so everyone is voting for him,how can he lose with god himself backing him
    She also told me (she liked to chat more than she liked to masticate chicken) that OFW's are getting absentee voting,and that pinays in Hong Kong who voted using a machine found instead of duterte the machine had been set to register maroxas every time duterte was chosen,i dont know what sort of machine,maybe its just a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I spoke to a few ladies munching chicken in KFC opposite the european HQ of iglesia ni christo church one told me the church is backing duterte so everyone is voting for him,how can he lose with god himself backing him
    ..................................Oh ought to be the case ... I to God it will. But ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    She also told me (she liked to chat more than she liked to masticate chicken) that OFW's are getting absentee voting,and that pinays in Hong Kong who voted using a machine found instead of duterte the machine had been set to register maroxas every time duterte was chosen,i dont know what sort of machine,maybe its just a rumour?
    ... NO, unfortunately it ISN'T a rumour. Alas it's more black propaganda - in which tampering with PCOS counting machines plays its part - amounting to an ongoing 'dirty tricks campaign' by the current ruling administration aimed at discrediting the leading candidate; as, of course, is the [highly illegal] distribution of those crisp new banknotes Fred refers to in #32 ... itself a despicable last~ditch attempt (by desperate losers) to bribe the electorate.

Thankfully, the Armed Forces have already cast their votes ... overwhelmingly in favour of Duterte.

http://getthelatest.altervista.org/m...n-maguindanao/
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 5th May 2016 at 21:46.

As you know..I`m not interested in Filipino politics or Politicians in general but today I saw something that I have never seen before!! Ever!!
    One or two Filipino friends showed me some very new crisp notes that they recently received..500`s 100`s 50`s etc with a label stapled to each of them...On that label (about half the size of note) was a printed picture of the candidate and a signed copy of his/her signature that issued the money and stapled on label to the money!!!
    Just....Wow!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information