Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
How many of you have perchanced across this "cheery" little quotation?

... "It is not the cough that carries you off

But the coffin they carry you off in
!
"

"Off 'n' on" just about sums up the way I've been feeling during these past couple of weeks after being struck down by what began as an irritating tickle at the back of my throat ... gradually developing into a hacking, ing cough that had me [almost] bent double, clutching my knees gasping for breath at times and was invariably worse when I was lying down at night.

Oh ... ... I tried all sorts of over the counter cough mixtures; nothing seemed to shift it!

Finally, this forenoon, I went to my GP's surgery. Turns out to've been a serious chest infection ... which my immune system has obviously had difficulty in fighting because of the Type 2 Diabetes I was diagnosed with a few years ago. In fact I've been prescribed a course of Amoxicillin 500mg antibiotic capsules to be taken 3 x daily over the next 5 days.

So ... look after your health!
Sorry to hear about your cough,
But there is a lot of it about, our office has had this going on about the same time, its done the rounds and it seems to be doing the same again,
3 weeks i have to wait to see the doctor, like you i have tried lots of things the best is water, its annoying, but i can sleep better then i used to a week back