Thread: EU Referendum: 'THE GREAT DEBATE' - Eleventh Hour Commitment!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EU Referendum: 'THE GREAT DEBATE' - Eleventh Hour Commitment!

Well ... ... NOT actually at the eleventh hour, ... from the eighth till the tenth hour tonight on BBC1 [ALL REGIONS] ... when David Dimbleby, Mishal Husain and Emily Maitlis present one of the BIGGEST DEBATES of the campaign; this time direct from the SSE Arena, Wembley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36582567 ...

... Wow, Mishal Husain and Emily Maitlis, eh?

... well~worth tuning-in to fantasise over that pair of beauties and to hell with my hearing difficulties - or the need for subtitles - on this occasion!

Yes Arthur yet again i will be watching this and hoping that when they say we must stay in, they will tell us why, rather then its better being on the inside so we can make decisions for this country, well in the last 40 years it does not seem to have done much difference ,
    Lets hope there is no shouting or calling each other

So, folks - those of you who watched the programme - what did you think of it? It was certainly a very lively debate ... the BEST that's been televised in the whole campaign, I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    So, folks - those of you who watched the programme - what did you think of it? It was certainly a very lively debate ... the BEST that's been televised in the whole campaign, I thought!
    Although it pains me to say this ... to my mind, the three speakers for "REMAIN" came across as being the more convincing of the two opposing sides - thanks, principally, to the Scottish Conservative Leader, Ruth Davidson's superb oratory skills appearing at times to derail the rather laid~back approaches by Boris Johnson & Co - but then, good to see that, judging by the standing ovation Boris received from the audience as the speeches concluded, there were still many, many among the HUGE crowd who passionately believe should LEAVE the EU.

Although it pains me to say this ... to my mind, the three speakers for "REMAIN" came across as being the more convincing of the two opposing sides - thanks, principally, to the Scottish Conservative Leader, Ruth Davidson's superb oratory skills appearing at times to derail the rather laid~back approaches by Boris Johnson & Co - but then, good to see that, judging by the standing ovation Boris received from the audience as the speeches concluded, there were still many, many among the HUGE crowd who passionately believe should LEAVE the EU.
    I disagree Arthur , both sides did well but i am afraid that once someone starts laughing and shouting i just dont want to listen, and the remain vote to me thats all they did, they was out to try to belittle Boris yet again,
    Let me put it this way would you ever vote for the librels, the greens or the snp , so with them saying stay you know it makes sense well up yours i would say,
    Still voting OUT

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I disagree Arthur , both sides did well but i am afraid that once someone starts laughing and shouting i just dont want to listen, and the remain vote to me thats all they did, they was out to try to belittle Boris yet again,
    Let me put it this way would you ever vote for the librels, the greens or the snp , so with them saying stay you know it makes sense well up yours i would say,
    Still voting OUT
    The majority of all the parties are in favour of Remain, that must say something

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    The majority of all the parties are in favour of Remain, that must say something
    A job for the boys

's reason enough to say, ... the ONLY way is OUT!

?????????????

?????????????
    ... problems Michael?????

... problems Michael?????
    My thought is that if the vote is out, Britain will never be the same as it was before we joined the EU. We should never have joined in the first place and I was one that didn't agree with it, but now my feeling is Remain because I can see this backfiring on us again if we leave the EU, just my thought Arthur.

I have to say i believe the Leave missed out here,by putting up the same 3 people that were on ITV last week, Boris yes as he always holds his own, I guess they didnt have Ian Duncan Smith as the TV programmers seem to want one from each political Party, I found that Gisela Stewart said mostly what she said last week, I think it would have been better having someone like Frank Field who is pretty good in these kind of debates, or the former advisor to David Cameron (Steve wotsisname) he also is a good debater. They also missed a point when asked if they could promise to bring down immigration (it went silent for a brief moment). Yes by all means bring in the Australian/Canadian points based system, but at the same time have an annual quota, bearing in mind its currently 330,000 annualy it could be year 1 250,000 year 2, 200,000 and year 3, it could be 150,000 thats more than halved the current figure over a 3 year period, and it gives us back control over immigration.

Its an un democratic institution run by Junkers and his cronies and they make many of the rules that you must abide by!! Fundamentally speaking its that simple.
    Its a bit like the UK scrapping parliament in favour of being governed by the House of lords!!!

Hmmm,

Someone somewhere is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
    Seems that the EU plans to restart talks with Turkey on it's membership route at a meeting on June 30 2016

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...European-Union

Europe has evolved after hundreds of years of wars, pain and struggle.
    Usually involving attempts by tyrannical leaders to overthrow, suppress and deprive it's people of freedom and democratic systems.

The EU was originally designed to protect against wars and to protect the freedoms of us all.
    Sadly the EU as gradually mutated and returned powers to tyrannical leaders who are doing everything they can to restrict
    those hard fought freedoms.

The UK now, at last, faces a rare opportunity to change the future.
    Not wishing to sound coloniastic (if there's such a word) but much of todays successful world has the original foundations of British rule, law and values.

Fear itself is the driver of a 'Remain' vote by those who stand to lose the most and 'they' are the unelected tyrannical leaders and unelected so-called captains of inductry.

Its going to be interesting after the vote , give it a few months to see where we are then and who was right, but then will it all be to late,

Its going to be interesting after the vote , give it a few months to see where we are then and who was right, but then will it all be to late,
    Things won't change a lot in the eyes of Joe Public whatever the outcome

Things won't change a lot in the eyes of Joe Public whatever the outcome
    People see what ever they want to see

What grinds my gears today is seeing a post in Facebook. Digging out the most elderly of war veterans and them telling us what they did for us, how they did all they did for the greater good for their generation. The thing is, this is not the same any more. We have to make the right decision for 'our' generation NOW. I do not belittle the war, I thank and respect what was done 70 odd years ago, but times change and like Peter said, Europe has morphed into a new monster that we do not need to feed any longer. Bring back a feeling of national independence, that we can govern ourselves and make our own decisions, rightly or wrongly for our own country.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Yes lots of changed in the last 4 decades, thank God, can you imagine staying the same for ever

If we leave, who else will follow? Germany?

Watch Italy very closely, far right mayor for Rome and Turin just elected.

CNN reckon 75% chance of leave winning..

Looks like the polls were right..This is razor edge close as it stands 10AM RP time...

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Looks like the polls were right..This is razor edge close as it stands 10AM RP time...
    Certainly IS razor-edge, Fred ... as I sit here typing this at 03.45am GMT between chewing my finger nails to the quick! But I just cannot believe the extent to which Sturgeon has put the "frightners" on my fellow Scots.

Watch yer back Arthur she is a woman on a mission, you are always welcome this side of that new boarder she is planning

Watch yer back Arthur she is a woman on a mission, you are always welcome this side of that new boarder she is planning
    Thank you, Steve ... it's [literally] a fantastic *outcome!

Thread Information