Thread: Ukvac!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    london well away from those people up norf
    HI John

Pete and keith have written some wise words already. My Wife and I met on the net, and had no Interview. So like Petes says its hard to say what is required of you both.

We were one of the first to use the system they brought in around september 2005. After much worry, hard work and frustration, my wife came running into the room with a jiffy bag and inside was all her paperwork. No letter saying you now have a Visa, just a a5 checklist which had the requirments for a us visa on the rear :unsure: only by checking her passport did my wife know for sure.

From what i have read your Wife and you have worked hard on paperwork and ensuring you do everything correctly. You also have a real loving and warm relationship,which to me is plain to see from both of your posts and photos on here.

Like Pete writes don't worry to much and i hope everything goes fine for you both.

Originally posted by andypaul@Feb 15 2006, 10:22 PM
    HI John

Pete and keith have written some wise words already. My Wife and I met on the net, and had no Interview. So like Petes says its hard to say what is required of you both.

We were one of the first to use the system they brought in around september 2005. After much worry, hard work and frustration, my wife came running into the room with a jiffy bag and inside was all her paperwork. No letter saying you now have a Visa, just a a5 checklist which had the requirments for a us visa on the rear :unsure: only by checking her passport did my wife know for sure.

From what i have read your Wife and you have worked hard on paperwork and ensuring you do everything correctly. You also have a real loving and warm relationship,which to me is plain to see from both of your posts and photos on here.

Like Pete writes don't worry to much and i hope everything goes fine for you both.
    Hi AndyPaul,
    it is great that things went so well for you without to much hassle. How long for you did it take from sending the visa off until you knew that it had been accepted?

We have worked hard and have a big file of evidence and it will just be a matter of waiting but it is encouraging to hear stories like yours....

John

london well away from those people up norf
    Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 16 2006, 12:13 AM
    Hi AndyPaul,
    it is great that things went so well for you without to much hassle. How long for you did it take from sending the visa off until you knew that it had been accepted?

We have worked hard and have a big file of evidence and it will just be a matter of waiting but it is encouraging to hear stories like yours....

John
    Hi John

Well Me and the good lady have just tried to remeber exactly but it seems so far away already and it was only the end of september that My wife recieved the jiffy bag back. We think it was about a week that we waited maybe a litle longer. Sorry to sound so vague so 7 to 9 days from pick up by the Cava courier.

But please remeber my Wife lives in Laguna quite near Manila so it may tak a day or two longer to reach Cebu.

Make sure your Wife has everything ready Photocopies of all evidence that you want returned. Literally you should have to version orignals and copies the Embassy can keep.
    You may find like us you have to much to fit in the jiffy bag supplied (things may have changed with the new system) so be prepared to edit the files if required.

Im not sure if the system has changed but make sure that you have someone in the address given to return the paperwork back to you.

As i wrote before the jiffy bag was returned the day after i had landed in phill and we were saying my Wife aunts house which was the other side of town to where my Wife was living day to day. Luckily My wifes Lolo po got the delvivery driver to drive over to where we were. The guy was just writing a note to say where we could pick up the parcel!!

Keep planing and be prepared for anything, even on the first night i was in phill we were
    already preparing in case we had to go to manila for a Interview.

Just yell if we can help in any way

Andy

Thread Information