Thread: No CFO Sticker NO exit

Respected Member

No CFO Sticker NO exit

I know this topic has been discussed but just a reminder for those newbie here.
    One filipina passenger bound to USA on fiancee visa was stopped in the NAIA as she has no CFO sticker in her passport. She have to attend the counselling and get a CFO sticker to be able her to leave the country.This information is from my relative whose working in the airport. So just a reminder for all fiancee and spouse, CFO sticker is mandatory and should have given attention.

that is the next requirement after having a fiancee or spouse visa..

Some Embassies tell you when you get the visa (or before), but US Embassy don't care... Too bad!
    Best regards.
    Yves

london well away from those people up norf
    The Us and the UK both don't unless the Uk have started recently. I have seen both people stopped in the airport (not allways at the imgration counter but once passed even the security after duty free!!

My Wife also met ladies who had been turned back at the airport a very expensive flight for many and could cost more later if you can't fly with in the 28 days since the spouse visa was issued and then you will have to apply for FLR and then ILR

French Embassy do, they require the CFO certificate when you apply for the Fiancé visa. It's in the list of papers to bring to be able to request the visa.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Just as a reminder (another time), the reference to the Philippines Laws about this:

1) the CFO seminar:

Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports.

2) the CFO stamp

After receipt of the passport and visa, the Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals will have to register with CFO prior to their departure. Registration is done either in CFO Manila or Cebu Extension Office, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. An emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrants passport as proof of registration.

Infos to be found here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/counseling.htm Seminar and stamp can be done only in Manila and Cebu. Both can be done same day if you have all papers including Passport and visa.
    Use the search function in this forum to find more infos and other members experience.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by Manilana View Post
    I know this topic has been discussed but just a reminder for those newbie here.
    One filipina passenger bound to USA on fiancee visa was stopped in the NAIA as she has no CFO sticker in her passport. She have to attend the counselling and get a CFO sticker to be able her to leave the country.This information is from my relative whose working in the airport. So just a reminder for all fiancee and spouse, CFO sticker is mandatory and should have given attention.
    Hi manilana, thanks for the info but i guess most of the embassy doesnt give those info to the spouse/fiancee about CFO or they need to have a counselling and the sticker from CFO before they book a flight, they should have just attached a piece of paper regarding the CFO just to be aware or to know whats the next step

how's your application? did you get your visa?

Respected Member
    embassies dont give any info cause at the end of the day its down to phils immigration anyway.

its the rules of the PHUL GOVT/IMMIG so it is their responsibility that it is known to the public or i suppose the applicant to do research!

Thread Information