Thanks a lot again. I have read a lot about this in the Government forums (wishing I can speak better Tagalog) - but what I have read suggests this atty is cutting corners to line his pockets. Then, he leaves you with all the annulment papers - court agreements etc, and you have to go to NSO.

What I think is that the NSO will refuse the documents. Or documents are missing. He claims it takes 1 year, unless my girlfriend goes to Manila (then it takes 3 days). What I can't make my girlfriend understand is that, if it is not completed in full, our embassy will refuse the visa application. Then we have to start all over again - and the chances are the embassy will never look favourably on our application.

Because this atty is a friend of her cousin, she trusts him in full. Whatever I say, she claims it is OK - that is just the way of the Philippines to make things move ahead. And seems I am wrong to even question him. I mentioned what you guys said here - and she said don't trust all you read in forums. Maybe she is right, but this atty gains money from lies - what could people in forums possibly gain? People here keep telling me it takes nearly 1 year to get annulled - and soon after that people are here as fiance or spouse. She said it takes 2-3 years in Davao.

I have asked before - but does anyone know a good lawyer in Davao? Or is there some way to find out. Because right now, my girlfriend doesn't want to do anything other than this attourney - who seems more bogus by the second.

Ady