Thread: Inflation in the Philippines

Inflation in the Philippines

I know inflation has hit every country in the last few years but what has been hit the biggest in the philippines. You guys there will have noticed some sort of increase. Obvious answer will be everything but there is always something that goes over the top in price hike.
    I have found the electric to be expensive but has always been a high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I know inflation has hit every country in the last few years but what has been hit the biggest in the philippines. You guys there will have noticed some sort of increase. Obvious answer will be everything but there is always something that goes over the top in price hike.
    I have found the electric to be expensive but has always been a high price.
    EVERYTHING gone up in leaps and bounds..How locals manage with their meager wages I have no idea. Power rates and fuel rates go up hand in hand depending on what part of the Phil's you reside and there are variations in charges. We decided to employ solar power and have just recently been connected to a net meter so hopefully we will soon get a zero electricity bill. Still trying to grow local veggies,plus the Mrs keeps free range chickens for eggs. When TSHTF I believe self sufficiency will be vital just about anywhere in the world..I still have a long way to go but definitely getting there! Having access to enough land is key IMO.

Yep everything has and is going up no matter where you are going to call home , the only way your going to reduce your bills is to live like a local in the Philippines, but most cannot or will not do that so you pay the price , the Philippines is not a cheap place to be now , I’ve looked at a few places and really rural Spain can work out cheaper even buying property and yes you have to live like a local like going to the market , growing your own products and instead of a car get a donkey , last bit was a joke I’m thinking not priced the difference up

Have you got solar for your apartments too Fred

Yes Steve but only on 4th floor..Next year we are having 25KW installed for net metering..I'd like more but the roof can't fit any more panels on.

Solar panels in the Philippines sounds like a very good idea, the only issue i can think of is the weather. When there is a typhoon and these panels fly off you are losing a fair bit of money to replace them. I lot of these houses have very weak roofs with just corrugated sheets, even the inner roof structures are very flimsy to say the least.
    The price of purchase and fitting them will be expensive as well as the supplier will obviously be thinking that only "rich" people would even think about installing them.

is this a party gathering im missing lol, if you have or build your own place its best, then i would do whatever is needed myself , or closely oversee the work thats needed to make secure the pannels, all depends where the location is if its a typhoon prone or not

I know of a few who have got solar panels now but they are not on the roofs but have built a platform just of the ground , just like you see in fields and they say it will pay for itself in around 4 years

Sounds a good option then. I will look in to it.

Solar panels in the Philippines sounds like a very good idea, the only issue i can think of is the weather. When there is a typhoon and these panels fly off you are losing a fair bit of money to replace them. I lot of these houses have very weak roofs with just corrugated sheets, even the inner roof structures are very flimsy to say the least.
    The price of purchase and fitting them will be expensive as well as the supplier will obviously be thinking that only "rich" people would even think about installing them.
    We had a super typhoon hit us 3 years ago..Nightmare but the roofing remained intact..The aluminum railing they bolt the panels on to seem very strong so I'm not that worried TBH.. The expensive bits like hybrid inverter and powerwall are locked up in a safe unit so all should be fine. One of the best things we have done here as brownouts are a thing of the past for us.. 8kw HYBRID system will set you back about 6.000 Quid which I think is cheap when you consider a 5 year ROI..

A good investment for the future it seems

Going to check out these panels and see if i am allowed to actually fit them. I am in a gated community and i am sure some would object saying it does not fit in well with the rest of the houses.

I had solar panels installed a few days before Putin invaded Ukraine and the price of electric shot up. Not saying it was great, but due to the excessively high prices, they will have paid for themselves in 3-4 years! Saved me £1,500 that first year.
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
    I had solar panels installed a few days before Putin invaded Ukraine and the price of electric shot up. Not saying it was great, but due to the excessively high prices, they will have paid for themselves in 3-4 years! Saved me £1,500 that first year.
    And that is with the terrible weather in the UK. £1,500 saving would cover my electric and gas for a year and i half in the Uk.

And that is with the terrible weather in the UK. £1,500 saving would cover my electric and gas for a year and i half in the Uk.
    I'm 100% electric, as we don't have gas as an option in the Welsh farmland. We still use a shovel for the toilet!
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information