I did a quick search on this and could not see if this has been asked before so just looking for some advice on this.
The wife and i are planning to leave the UK for the Philippines when i am 60 which will be in 2 years time. As i have a decent private pension i will be living off this until i am 67 when my state pension welcome in to force as well, alongside my private pension. The question i am asking it is a good idea to keep paying national Insurance in the UK while living in the Philippines for the 7 year from 60 - 67 in case i need to return due to ill health and get national health in the UK?. I know most will say the national health service in the UK is a shell of what it used to be but i thinking worse scenario if i needed a hip or knee replacement or heart bypass or anything major like that i am sure the UK would be a better place to have these major ops and keep up with my N.I contributions would be beneficial.

I am a little negative thinking there as i am in good health and fitness.

Any of you guys living out there would return due to health reasons or just go with the flow out there and look for the best medics.

What is the weekly/monthly minimum N.I. contributions?