Thread: Ring Size

Ring Size

Hi,

Hopefully an easy question that somone will be able to help me with. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend when I return to the Philippines in April for what will be our 3rd meeting there. I need to buy an engagement ring before I go and I know she is a Philippines size 6. Does anybody know what size this converts to in the UK? I've found online conversion charts for USA sizes but I don't know if that is the same size guide as used in the Philippines.
    Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Matt.

Banned
    Yeah i struggled with this problem for a long time, i ended up biting the bullet and we chose a ring together.
    I then told her i would ask her on my next visit and would hold onto the ring ,but instead proposed on my last day there.
    She knew i was gonna do it but just didn't know when, at least it fit and it was the one she wanted.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll make the right decision

SD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully an easy question that somone will be able to help me with. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend when I return to the Philippines in April for what will be our 3rd meeting there. I need to buy an engagement ring before I go and I know she is a Philippines size 6. Does anybody know what size this converts to in the UK? I've found online conversion charts for USA sizes but I don't know if that is the same size guide as used in the Philippines.
    Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Matt.

As far as I recall from my experience.... It is similar to U.S. sizes.
    I strongly recommend to purchase the ring in Phil.... Cash in hand will work wonders for discounts.

Otherwise if you want to save a few quid and have time in hand before flying over (a few weeks), give
    www.bidz.com a try.

Dom

Respected Member
    Yes, Aromulos is right. You better buy the ring in the Philippines because it is cheaper compare here. My husband bought me a ring which was cost about £500 but in the Philippines I saw the same style for only 30,000 pesos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    Yes, Aromulos is right. You better buy the ring in the Philippines because it is cheaper compare here. My husband bought me a ring which was cost about £500 but in the Philippines I saw the same style for only 30,000 pesos.
    yeah,agree

I guess it will be better if u buy her ring in the Phils. it is more cheaper and she can choose whatever she likes..and u dont have to worry about sizes because she can fit it right away..

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    I guess it will be better if u buy her ring in the Phils. it is more cheaper and she can choose whatever she likes..and u dont have to worry about sizes because she can fit it right away..
    oh yeah i saw a ring on my bf's hand and he said he will give it to me when we meet here , but he forgot to bring it oh well , it is ok coz i know it won't fit on me finger coz the size is 4 compare to my bf's hand size ... i will use the ring as a necklace pendant when he visit again ( i just hope he won't forget it again )

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

Banned
    You bought a ring for 2k in the Phillippines and it was worth 10k in the Uk.

Yeah right!!!

Course you did

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrockdave2003 View Post
    You bought a ring for 2k in the Phillippines and it was worth 10k in the Uk.

Yeah right!!!

Course you did
    i didn't think gold was much cheaper in the phils, my wedding ring i bought in the phils was made in Italy

Gold is the same price all over the world, it is traded on the world market (same as oil), not per country. The reason it appears more expensive in the West is we mix it with copper, and other metals to screw the customer.
    Keith - Administrator

Thanks to all for the replies. I will wait until I am there in March and buy it when I am with her. Although it would have been nice if the first time she saw the ring was when I got down on one knee and asked the question we both know the important thing is that we make that commitment to each other

Thank's again to all those who took the time to reply.

Thread Information