Thread: Have visa, what now?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by ivor&mel@Mar 10 2006, 11:57 AM
    Thanks for that. So far, I have flown only with Singapore/Silk Air, but I've fancied giving Qatar a go - I've read some excellent reviews about them in the past.

ivor
    Ivor i am going over with Qatar Airlines in just over 3 weeks for the first time as i normally use Singapore but they were the cheapest to use this time. It is good to shop around for prices as i have had many different quotes from £497-£1500 with Thomas cook being the cheapest but check out the following websites before you book;

www.dialaflight.co.uk
    www.airline-network.co.uk
    www.opodo.co.uk
    www.thomascook.co.uk

John

Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 10 2006, 12:20 PM
    Ivor i am going over with Qatar Airlines in just over 3 weeks for the first time as i normally use Singapore but they were the cheapest to use this time. It is good to shop around for prices as i have had many different quotes from £497-£1500 with Thomas cook being the cheapest but check out the following websites before you book;

www.dialaflight.co.uk
    www.airline-network.co.uk
    www.opodo.co.uk
    www.thomascook.co.uk
    John
    Thanks, John. I almost used Qatar when I went in Jan as I got a good price for them from Airline Network, but the arrival time in Cebu was problematic. But they could be fine for a single trip Cebu-Manchester, as I don't now have to worry about Mel getting back to Bohol safely

From what I can gather, it wouldn't be possible for me to buy all the tickets here, would it? i.e. 1 single Man-Cebu, 2 singles Cebu-Man... Or even 2 returns Man-Cebu and not use one of the outward tickets? I guess there would be security concerns about that, maybe...

Ivor

Originally posted by ivor&mel@Mar 10 2006, 01:19 PM
    Thanks, John. I almost used Qatar when I went in Jan as I got a good price for them from Airline Network, but the arrival time in Cebu was problematic. But they could be fine for a single trip Cebu-Manchester, as I don't now have to worry about Mel getting back to Bohol safely

From what I can gather, it wouldn't be possible for me to buy all the tickets here, would it? i.e. 1 single Man-Cebu, 2 singles Cebu-Man... Or even 2 returns Man-Cebu and not use one of the outward tickets? I guess there would be security concerns about that, maybe...

Ivor
    Ivor here is what i have done, i bought a return ticket London-Cebu-London for £500 but when i tried from here to get my wife on my flight the best price i could get was around £1300 so i got my wife to go to a local travel agent in her city and including the bad exchange rate and fees that western union charge i was still able to get Rhea over for £400. I think this is by far the cheapest way for you to go.

Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 10 2006, 01:32 PM
    Ivor here is what i have done, i bought a return ticket London-Cebu-London for £500 but when i tried from here to get my wife on my flight the best price i could get was around £1300 so i got my wife to go to a local travel agent in her city and including the bad exchange rate and fees that western union charge i was still able to get Rhea over for £400. I think this is by far the cheapest way for you to go.
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense - and I could use Xoom instead of WU! But how to guarantee that she can get a seat on the same flight as mine? If she can't, then I have to ditch the return half and end up buying 2 singles when I get there?

Ivor

Originally posted by ivor&mel@Mar 10 2006, 02:09 PM
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense - and I could use Xoom instead of WU! But how to guarantee that she can get a seat on the same flight as mine? If she can't, then I have to ditch the return half and end up buying 2 singles when I get there?

Ivor
    Get your fiancee to go to her local travel agent with a return ticket that you will have and she will be able to get a return ticket on the same flight no problem.

Thread Information