Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
hi kuya joe i like to study midwife but i dont know if i can since im under spouse visa. is it possible to study midwife in college or university under a temporary 2 years visa?

it says on the public funds link is .... HEALTHCARE and EDUCATION also do not count as public funds.- although your immigration status will affect whether your eligible for them.

is there any free course?
i think you would have to pay , find a course you like and ask them, but i'm sure you would have to pay, find out what the entry requirements you would need to do that course , you might need IELTS ( english test ) so you could do that, the exam cost £100, but might be better to take any exams you need now, and when you've had ILR for a year, then goto uni and you should have the entry requirements already done and not have to pay international uni fees..

why don't you find a job working for the nhs, take nearly anything, just to get your foot in the door, some jobs in the nhs are offered only internally, then move up to a better job, my wife works as a SATO, senior assistant technical officer, she works 5 hrs a day, the pay is ok, but shes been sent on a few courses that the nhs have paid for, shes a registered doc in the phils, but studying to pass the uk exams so she can work as a doc here, but shes had a lot of help from her manager and when she passes they will help her alot more to.

so find out what you want to do, and spend the next couple of years doing any entry exams you might need and get some experience working in the nhs and then goto uni to be a midwife

good luck