Thread: puerto galera-skuba diving

puerto galera-skuba diving

im going in april.checked it out on the net and it has corals and fish bigger than minnows that havent been eaten . just wondered if any of you guys n girls have ever been and do you know a good diving training centre there.i know theres loads but ive never been diving before and would love to be in the right hands.ps my mahal cant swim does that meen im gonna have to go on my own

Yeah! you definately need to be able to swim, to go scuba diving.

Can't help you, with where you are going, but I went scuba diving off a Greek Island about 6 years ago...If I never do it again, I'm glad that I did it, because it was brilliant...Definately worth doing.

Good choice..I have dived there a few times.
    Ive had Aussie divers tell me it one of the worlds best dive sites for coral etc..
    A friend of mine is a dive master and uses this place..
    http://www.divebigapple.com/

You will do a PADI dive course called "Discover scuba".. After that,if you have time you can take your open water course..
    With that cert. you can dive anywhere in the world using your own gear etc..

nice 1 cheers.i was told about a 1 day course which then allows you to dive upto 60ft.thats deep enough for me.i will check that site out today and see whats available thanks. oh and spend 5 days teaching my fiance that its ok to get her hair wet

have stayed at big apple, good place, also stayed with atlantis with a bigger group and dedicated boat, also happy with this company
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I did my open water course in Malapascua. Not been to PG but I spoke to a guy who's just got back from there. It seems to be one of the most popular scuba centres in the Phils.

Try Panglao in Bohol or Sogod Bay in Leyte, they're good too.

I'm off to Malapascua for another 8 days in November unlimited diving!!!! Whoopee!

nice 1 cheers.gonna go for the big apple it looks spot on and ive gota hire a dune buggy for the day

Quote Originally Posted by poss30 View Post
    im going in april.checked it out on the net and it has corals and fish bigger than minnows that havent been eaten . just wondered if any of you guys n girls have ever been and do you know a good diving training centre there.i know theres loads but ive never been diving before and would love to be in the right hands.ps my mahal cant swim does that meen im gonna have to go on my own

hi poss30, me and my hubby just been to puerto galera last jan 2008 there's so many diving training center there to choose from and most of them are really good I suppose Are you going to Sabang? one of the most popular there is The Big Apple. Enjoy!

i miss diving!! I'm an advance open water diver... there's a lot of diving sites in the philippines...

poss30, i think you are only allowed 30ft if you're not certified...

it's nice to dive in tubbataha...

Banned
    Diving in Tubbatha is seriously expensive as you need to go on a Liveaboard and you can only go at certain times of the year.

I have been to PG a few times and its fair to middling not the best.

But its probably a very good place to learn to dive as there is a myriad of Diving shops and centres

I have dived with a company called Sabang Divers

http://www.sabangdivers.com/

They looked after me very well and where very friendly, i think they are German if my memory serves me correctly.

I have been to Malapascua and dived with Bubble07 divers (not there anymore sadly) excellent place to dive.

As far as your other half is concerned, mine used to sit on the boat and play cards or chill out back at the Nipa hut.
    She will be very bored but hey ho what can you do

Good luck and lets us know how you get on

SD

thanx for the info ppl.yeah im going to sabang and the divebigapple resort. the fleet of dune buggies they have did it for me.im going to do the open water course at p16,000.the advanced open water diver is p12,000 so im guessing you have to do the open water course first before ur allowed to do advanced.anyway 35ft is ok.if im stll alive ill let you know how it went.

ill send my girl to the shops with a few peso im sure she will be fine and the room has tv a few episodes of angel will keep her happy

thanks again

I'm gonna do my advanced in the UK before going back to the Phils so I'm qualified to do some 30m wreck dives.
    Of course it would be better and cheaper to do the course over there but I'd lose time doing it. I'd rather turn up with the right Padi card.

If you go there with your Mahal, dont stay at Big Apple, as it is basically a "single place" with many opportunities for entertainment in the bar and around the pool...

Atlantis is great but not really cheap. One of the owners is a british guy
    I would recommend Asia-divers, with the highest qualified instructors, and El Galleon. It is a 3 minute walk to Sabang if you want some more "action". A great guy from Manchester (Pete) is one of the instructors and always up for a drink in the evening.
    LBC is also a nice place in Big LaLaguna there is also the only beach in the Sabang-Area

If you want real quality and a very good course you wanna think about Asia Divers, Atlantis, LBC... in that order

cheers

Rhoody

PG is great... good night life and great diving (loving the drift diving)...

I dived with www.southseadivers.com which were really really good (small place)

Thread Information