Hey guys! Wonder if anyone on here had been to any of the walks? To those humurous people, this is not about walks through shopping malls or walks to and from your work or anything like that. Now don't be silly.

I've always wanted to go for walks in the lake district but don't know where to start and have persuaded hubby to go for it sometime but doesn't seem to care. Since spring is nearly coming (i hope), i think it'll be the best time to plan for this activity. I enjoy the outdoors and I know England has good scenic views in the countryside. Im not the typical girl who would go to shopping malls, i like to keep myself active and try to get into different activities. So far here in the UK, going to the gym, swimming and playing badminton are how active i could get.
Any ideas anyone? Care to join me with this? I am from Manchester and preferably would like to start somewhere near (like lake district or leeds as i saw on some websites). Where could i find route maps? For a start, i'll try Mr WH Smith and other bookstores. Any suggestions? recommendations?