Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
I'm just surprised you pay so much as a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) is only 35€ in all French Embassy or Consulate everywhere in the world. The delay to issue it is 2 weeks (10 work days) from the moment they have all the documents required and the visa fee paid (it's the rule for getting a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) in all Schengen state Embassies).

There is also a phrase indicating it can be free of charge:

Visa is free of charge for Spouses of French Citizens, Spouses and Children of European Citizens and for holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports on presentation of the requested documents.

So if married to an English person (who is a European citizen), the visa should be free.
It's in this page of the French Consulate in London (in "visa application fee"): http://www.consulfrance-londres.org/...58de8827243593
I think your find there are slight problems with a brit/phill couple applying, firstly i think the french embassy although have no choice to offer the visa to british citzens spouses for free. But as we are not in the schgen aggrement they quite understandably, don't push out the boat for brits. As we don't offer the same service to them, which although annoying for us, i can see their point.

Also phill citzens are on the list of nationalities who have to have further checks made. Due to the amount of visa overstayers in the past i guess.