Thread: Returned Documents

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello again,

This may seem a dumb question but I can't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere (maybe because it's obvious, I dunno) but do we get our documents returned from immigration? I had considered putting certain documents in the pot as originals, like Decree Adsolute for instance, otherwise would all important documents have to be 'confirmed as a true copy'? And what about less valuable (but no less important) items like a Valentine card?

As I said before, the deeper in the more complicated it gets, but nobody said it would be easy and hopefully attention to detail will pay off!

Regards, Paul

london well away from those people up norf
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tatsahdasay &#064; Apr 18 2006, 05&#58;40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hello again,

This may seem a dumb question but I can&#39;t recall seeing this mentioned anywhere (maybe because it&#39;s obvious, I dunno) but do we get our documents returned from immigration? I had considered putting certain documents in the pot as originals, like Decree Adsolute for instance, otherwise would all important documents have to be &#39;confirmed as a true copy&#39;? And what about less valuable (but no less important) items like a Valentine card?

As I said before, the deeper in the more complicated it gets, but nobody said it would be easy and hopefully attention to detail will pay off&#33;

Regards, Paul
    [/b][/quote]

My wife devided all the paperwork into two, orignals and copies. The orignals were returned with the passport and visa. I would suggest keeping the orignals seperate from the copies.
    I guess you could get copies confirmed as a true copy in place of orignals. But not heard or read of anyone doing it personally. I guess you could emaill the embassy and ask if possible. They have to give you an answer one way or the other.

It does get complicated but stick with it, its worth it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

ps remeber there are NO DUMB questions, nothing is obivous it seems with Visa applications

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    <span style="color:#3333FF">Hi to everyone reading this and hoping for a quick visa return.

When my wife applied for a spouse visa we spoke to Vince Reyes on the helpline, if you can get hold of him he speaks excellent English, is very patient and will answer all your questions.

I would suggest that when anyone is about to submit an application have the application form in front of you and go through every section of it with him (or anyone you get on the helpline). Anything you are not 100% sure of then ask for clarification.

With regard to copies, we were advised that you need to send original documents in one folder and photocopies of ALL documents in another, all together in one envelope. We had both original and copies returned to us, all in 8 days, together with the visa</span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck to everyone

Thread Information