Thread: Finally done it, I am off to the Phil

Respected Member
    I am really excited now, I am finally catching my flight on Friday, to see my girl in the philippines. I can't wait.

Just though I would share that...

Is anyone else here flying that date with Cathay pacific, the flight is at 18.20 from heathrow.

london well away from those people up norf
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(symonh2000 &#064; Apr 24 2006, 09&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I am really excited now, I am finally catching my flight on Friday, to see my girl in the philippines. I can&#39;t wait.

Is anyone else here flying that date with Cathay pacific, the flight is at 18.20 from heathrow.
    [/b][/quote]

Wish Me and the Wife were flying there this friday but sadly not.

Cathay paiffic are great to fly with. Done the flight a few times going to see my now Wife.

Have a great time and hope you have a safe flight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(symonh2000 &#064; Apr 24 2006, 09&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Travel Tip

Hong Kong is a very big airport - when you arrive I suggest that you make your way to the departure gate and then, having established how to get there, walk round and take in the sights

Keep your wallet in your pocket - there are few bargains at the airport - if you want to take perfume go to Semi-Chem before you leave the UK &#33;&#33;

Have a great time and dont forget to post the photos/trip report when you get back - OK?

Administrator
    You may need a security guard....take me...take me..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 25 2006, 09&#58;03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    You may need a security guard....take me...take me..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

and a chaperone... take me as well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Wink

Woohoo, I&#39;m off to visit my girlfriend as well, leaving on Monday&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

I hate flying... The things we do for love&#33;? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

I&#39;m going the manchester- dubai- manila route though with Emirates... expensive&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manila bound &#064; Apr 25 2006, 10&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Woohoo, I&#39;m off to visit my girlfriend as well, leaving on Monday&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

I hate flying... The things we do for love&#33;? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

I&#39;m going the manchester- dubai- manila route though with Emirates... expensive&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

Even more so if your with your wife and get too close to the gold jewelry counter in Dubai, have a go at the raffle for the super car and if you have the winning ticket I will share the costs with you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img]
    You have enemies? Good. That means you&#39;ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

I am really excited now, I am finally catching my flight on Friday, to see my girl in the philippines. I can&#39;t wait.

[/b][/quote]

Enjoy your trip on Friday, it is the same day 3.05am that i fly back to N.Ireland but i feel fine about coming back so that we can start a normal married life. Although i am not excited about the 15 hour wait at Doha but thats life. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img]

It is very very very hot which i am sure you will be disappointed to hear [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 26 2006, 07&#58;44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Although i am not excited about the 15 hour wait at Doha but thats life. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Ouch, I thought I had it bad with a 7 hour wait in Dubai on the way back&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Banned
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 26 2006, 07&#58;44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Although i am not excited about the 15 hour wait at Doha but thats life. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img]
    It is very very very hot which i am sure you will be disappointed to hear [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

It&#39;s the reason I won&#39;t use Qatar again till they get Doha airport sorted. I don&#39;t mind a couple of hours stopover, but anything more than 4 hours is a nightmare.

Nice to hear your enjoying the HOT sunshine while we are basking in the wind and rain [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif[/img]

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manila bound &#064; Apr 25 2006, 10&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve used that route a couple of times, thought it was one of the cheaper ones?

I used it on new years eve this year, but messed up the booking and got an interesting 8 hours to kill in Dubai. I though I&#39;d pop out and stay in a hotel for six hours, get some kip, be refreshed next day yada yada.

Bwaahahahaa. 3 hours sitting in a cab in Dubaian traffic as 2,000,000 arabs drove ceaselessly around Dubai centre all night, to celebrate new year, or whatever arabs celebrate on new years eve. The Indian taxi driver told me they do it all night, every night, as they have literally nothing else to do.

Eventually I went back to the airport and slept a few hours in one of the &#39;quiet areas&#39; with the comfy chairs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 26 2006, 03&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I&#39;ve used that route a couple of times, thought it was one of the cheaper ones?

[/b][/quote]

I have a flight from Scotland to Manchester as well, my flights came to about £760.

Expensive for me&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xxparty-smiley-050.gif[/img]

Respected Member
    Well my flight cost me £470 I have most of my packing done now. I am just about to check in online so I can select my seat on the plane.. At least I won&#39;t have too long to wait in hong kong, only 3 hours..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 26 2006, 02&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    It&#39;s the reason I won&#39;t use Qatar again till they get Doha airport sorted. I don&#39;t mind a couple of hours stopover, but anything more than 4 hours is a nightmare.

Nice to hear your enjoying the HOT sunshine while we are basking in the wind and rain [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

It is my fault i guess for not reading the timetable when getting the ticket..

Would i be guessing correctly to say that Rhea would not be allowed to leave the airport so that we could spend some time at a hotel which would certainly pass a lot of time.

I would not use Qatar in the future even though it was the cheapest, i will pay extra to go with Singapore for sure...

Thread Information