Thread: Visa Extension

Visa Extension

Hello again,
    I just want to seek advice about extension of visa. I arrived here November last year in a fiancee visa. I obtained fiancee visa even I didnt have the decree absolute of my annulment. We were expecting to get the finality last month, but for whatever reason we failed to get the finality. My lawyer assured us that we will get the papers we need within 2 months.
    Now, we have to cancelled our wedding and my fiancee visa will be expiring soon.
    We just wonderng whats the chances of getting another 6 months visa extension if we will apply it from here. Does anyone here have gone through this situation or have any ideas/ thoughts about this? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Korina View Post
    Hello again,
    I just want to seek advice about extension of visa. I arrived here November last year in a fiancee visa. I obtained fiancee visa even I didnt have the decree absolute of my annulment. We were expecting to get the finality last month, but for whatever reason we failed to get the finality. My lawyer assured us that we will get the papers we need within 2 months.
    Now, we have to cancelled our wedding and my fiancee visa will be expiring soon.
    We just wonderng whats the chances of getting another 6 months visa extension if we will apply it from here. Does anyone here have gone through this situation or have any ideas/ thoughts about this? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you so much.
    I wish I could help with this, but I am unfamiliar with UK Visas unless they are about EEA nationals.

I suspect, please don't quote me on this, that you might have to return to Phil and finalize your Anulment and after that re-apply for a fiancee visa all over again.
    The other guys know more about the subject, and they will be posting something for you.

good luck

thank you for your reply aromolus.

Just an update,
    my fiancee just phoned me and he said that he got an answer to our query,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...onrules/part8/

Extension of stay as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner
    294. An extension of stay as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner may be granted for an appropriate period with a prohibition on employment to enable the marriage or civil partnership to take place provided the Secretary of State is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 293 is met

Banned
    Just an update,
    my fiancee just phoned me and he said that he got an answer to our query,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...onrules/part8/

Extension of stay as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner
    294. An extension of stay as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner may be granted for an appropriate period with a prohibition on employment to enable the marriage or civil partnership to take place provided the Secretary of State is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 293 is met
    What I find baffling is how did you manage to get a Fiancee visa if your anulment was not finalized...???

i'd like to hear the answer to that question too....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    What I find baffling is how did you manage to get a Fiancee visa if your anulment was not finalized...???
    My fiance did the inquiry in VFS in Makati last year and we followed what it says in the guidance note and he supplied all the papers required, we just submitted all the papers from the court, my lawyer and all evidence that my anullment was on going and was nearly in completion those time and we were both amazed that after 3 weeks the embassy sent my passport with my visa. I think the fact that he did at least 10 visits to the Philippines in 2 years time is a strong proof that our relationship is genuine. His parents and sisters came to visit me as well in two occassion.

Banned
    My fiance did the inquiry in VFS in Makati last year and we followed what it says in the guidance note and he supplied all the papers required, we just submitted all the papers from the court, my lawyer and all evidence that my anullment was on going and was nearly in completion those time and we were both amazed that after 3 weeks the embassy sent my passport with my visa. I think the fact that he did at least 10 visits to the Philippines in 2 years time is a strong proof that our relationship is genuine. His parents and sisters came to visit me as well in two occassion.
    There might be something here for further use by others....

Cool.........

Thats good to know then...especially for couples like us waiting for annulment results (3 years waiting btw). Maybe next time I can try that IF they havn't released my results when i get back from the UK.

I think it also counts that I have US visit visa, too in my passport and I have been to several countries as a visitor with my fiance. It was my first time to apply for a UK visa and I was very glad that I was not disappointed.
    Now, we are going to Croydon to apply for my extension of my fiancee visa. My fiance said, anyway, if they will grant it thats good and if not we will both going back to the Phils and wait, anyway theres no harm in trying, isn`t?

Hi Korina, are u also applying for FLR?

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    Hi Korina, are u also applying for FLR?
    Hi Kimmi, no Im not applying for FLR yet as we cancelled our wedding and now we will apply for my extension of stay.

ur in a fiancee visa right, so u should get married within 6months unless I think there's really an important reason why u havent got married within that period..

ur in a fiancee visa right, so u should get married within 6months unless I think there's really an important reason why u havent got married within that period..
    Because of my bloody lawyer failed to do his job.

Because of my bloody lawyer failed to do his job.
    oh no, sorry to hear that..

oh no, sorry to hear that..
    its ok. thanks

yes, i've seen you can apply for a fiancee visa if your lawyer has given you in writing that your annulment is expected to go thru within a couple of months, when you apply for the visa.

only thing i would have thought you might need to be concerned about is

ii) good cause is shown why the marriage or civil partnership did not take place within the initial period of leave granted under paragraph 291;

wether blaming your lawyer is acceptable, i don't know

and i think you will need to apply for FLR, but phone IND and check b4 your visa expires

good luck thou

I'm sorry to hear that Korina...
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavid View Post
    Thats good to know then...especially for couples like us waiting for annulment results (3 years waiting btw). Maybe next time I can try that IF they havn't released my results when i get back from the UK.
    Hi Mavid,
    Why is your annulment taking that long? (3 years) if i may ask? Thanks.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

I think it also counts that I have US visit visa, too in my passport and I have been to several countries as a visitor with my fiance. It was my first time to apply for a UK visa and I was very glad that I was not disappointed.
    Now, we are going to Croydon to apply for my extension of my fiancee visa. My fiance said, anyway, if they will grant it thats good and if not we will both going back to the Phils and wait, anyway theres no harm in trying, isn`t?
    Hi Korina, so you have applied for a fiancee visa right? What papers did you submit with regards to your annulment if the Decree Absolute is not yet released? I understand that the Decision, Entry of Judgement and the Decree Absolute has the same contents it is just that they change the title. But still in registering for marriage they ask for the Decree Absolute.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    Hi Mavid,
    Why is your annulment taking that long? (3 years) if i may ask? Thanks.
    We just didn't have loads of money to pay for it to be faster...victims of slow paced system of our country. That's alright tho...I am now waiting for the decision and at the same time was blessed with a VV, so I must say...Blessings do come to those who wait patiently too.

Excellent news!!!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

We just didn't have loads of money to pay for it to be faster...victims of slow paced system of our country. That's alright tho...I am now waiting for the decision and at the same time was blessed with a VV, so I must say...Blessings do come to those who wait patiently too.
    I always believe in this.. Congrats again sis..

Hi Mavid,
    where are you in the UK? So did you got your fiancee visa even your annulment has not finalize yet?

Hello Korina,

You were blessed at least your fiancee visa was approved though u were still waiting for your annulment. I also submitted my fiancee visa before while waiting for my annulment but it was not approved until 3 months not until I provided them my lacking document. I think you really have a strong evidence being issued a visa.
    A relationship founded in GOD will last forever and will always compromise trust and happiness, as all good thoughts are derived from wisdom and faith,and trust .

a
    Hi Mavid,
    where are you in the UK? So did you got your fiancee visa even your annulment has not finalize yet?

Hi Korina...Im not in the UK yet, will be there by the 21st tho...i will stay in Erdington, Birmingham. I have a tourist visa not a fiance visa by the way.

Thread Information