<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; May 18 2006, 10&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I started to doubt &#39;the word&#39; when I was about ten years old, so it was not a teenage non conformity deal for me.

When they teach you Religious Instruction, about creating the world, Adam and Eve, breaking bread, parting the waters, the ark and all in one lesson, then basically tell you it is rubbish in the next lesson, such as physics, biology and history, what is a person supposed to believe?

[/b][/quote]

Darwinian theory was never included in any of our high school science subjects due to the school principal&#39;s belief that this might affect our faith. I have heard this also happened in some other schools. In my opinion, the witholding of information was a form of manipulation and oppression. Whether Charles Darwin was right or wrong, at least we could have had an opportunity to study it and decide for ourselves. Of course, students should have read other sources of information if it can not discussed in class but there is a tendency for students to uncritically accept whatever was given by the teachers. The problem with people is passiveness. The problem with the educational system (esp. in elementary and high school here) is the use of spoon-feeding technique.

Pamphlets were given to the student body in our high school every now and then, telling the students not to listen to this band or not read this book (like Harry Potter as according to the school, it promotes witchcraft). If you do not comply, your possessions will be confiscated and so on. If you are part of another religion, they will try to convert you to Protestantism and they rarely hire Roman Catholics as part of the faculty. My alma mater does not seem to have a concept of tolerance and respect.