I belong to the small part of the population who does not believe (but used to) in the existence of God. Please don't ask why as it is a different topic altogether. But I just can't stand why some can't respect that I have my own idealogies which just happen to be quite different from the majority. My brother now sees me as if I am a disturbed person. My parents would probably panick if they know. I usually just close my mouth when religion is the topic because it is a sensitive topic especially for Filipinos. I understand that the Philippines is a Christian nation (and the only one in Asia actually) but some people see this as a deviant behavior, like paraphilia or what.

What I now believe in is not just a phase or some form of nonconformity just for the sake of going against the flow. What is more insulting is that some people think that this is so un-Filipino therefore I'm suffering from colonial mentality . I just don't get the logic when Christianity itself was actually brought to the Philippines by the Spanish. I respect believers of God but many of them can not respect me.