[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif[/img]

Just a quick story on long distance "relationship" which I am certain a few friendly people might find time to enlighten me with.

I have a friend of 3 years through the inet. I luckily met up with him in London only last year. It was a memorable weekend, like a culmination of my dream holiday. Since then, we have kept in touch practically everyday from the time he gets to work and gets back home through texting and chatting, and at times phoning. We share our bitter sweet journeys in life, problems as well as little milestones, worklife and families.One time, we both realized we were already having feelings for each other, "more than a friend but less than bf/gf," so he said. I have since reciprocated his everyday iloveyou&#39;s.

Yet I wondered if he has real interest on me or am i just put in a reel that rolls with locked-up emotions.

Once, he said he will not have to travel 5,000 miles just to be with someone, he is not moving elsewhere, and is not into cross-culture. For him a relationship is based on love and togetherness, thus, we do not have a relationship. I agreed with reservations. I feel that friendships can be nurtured into relationships even while apart and if you are meant for each other you will be together in time. Like most successful relationships.

Culturally, is he simply taking things slow yet sure or is it a subtle slap on my face that there isnt anything more than friendship to even think of?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif[/img]