Thread: visa

if marriage in Philippines done.. wiht my fiancee how many years could it take when i want to go on UK is there a possible work there for me to apply..for Filifinas who want a work..there..justan idea..maybe for some future to help some finances aspects with my husband to be..yes business is commonly option..its just an idea that somehow i want to know..

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ecxy &#064; May 23 2006, 11&#58;02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    if marriage in Philippines done.. wiht my fiancee how many years could it take when i want to go on UK is there a possible work there for me to apply..for Filifinas who want a work..there..justan idea..maybe for some future to help some finances aspects with my husband to be..yes business is commonly option..its just an idea that somehow i want to know..
    [/b][/quote]

Read the immigration and visa posts on this very forum. They&#39;ll give you an idea of other peoples experiences with visa applications.

You could be in the UK within three months of getting married, or it could take 18 months. I&#39;ve seen both extremes.

My wife got her settlement visa the day we applied (4 1/2 years ago) and it had to be used within 6 months, which was not exactly convenient for us.

With a settlelement visa I think you can apply for a job as soon as you land. It may have changed recently but I don&#39;t think so.

Thread Information