Thread: Pinoy music

Many of the so-called divas in Pinas Republic have the tendency to do covers of old love songs which is really irritating. Somebody should just kill the likes of Zsa Zsa Padilla for their lack of originality. Despite some really bad examples, I'm still proud of our ORIGINAL PINOY MUSIC. Eraserheads is the best ever. I was just around 8 years old during their heyday but their music never fails to make me feel good and a bit nostalgic.

It's good that many bands now also incorporate Filipino elements in their music unlike those who just copy bands they see in MTV. I recently went to the Dong Abay's album launch due to my classmate's request and I can say it was good. For those who still live in the Philippines, try watching Bandarito in MYX because you'll have a glimpse of true Pinoy talent. Many of the bands featured happen to be studying in the same university as I do. If you're into world music (or whatever it is now called) try downloading Pinikpikan's music in Limewire. Mishka Adams (a Filipino-British) is an excellent artist as well.

Come on people, suportahan natin ang mga Pinoy artists. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I&#39;m currently listening to Eheads&#39; Huwag Mo Nang Itanong [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kristleh &#064; May 24 2006, 10&#58;10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I was just around 8 years old during their heyday but their music never fails to make me feel good and a bit nostalgic. [/b][/quote]

I was 23 when their first album came out. Gawd I&#39;m old. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

I like Eraserheads as well and I know what you mean about Pinoy singers doing covers all the time&#33; In fact, I can&#39;t think anybody bothering to write new songs now except for the very few in the industry. Ogie Alcasid used to be very good but has he done anything new?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 24 2006, 09&#58;25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I was 23 when their first album came out. Gawd I&#39;m old. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

I like Eraserheads as well and I know what you mean about Pinoy singers doing covers all the time&#33; In fact, I can&#39;t think anybody bothering to write new songs now except for the very few in the industry. Ogie Alcasid used to be very good but has he done anything new?
    [/b][/quote]

When Ogie Alcasid is not covering songs by great artists, he produces music which practically sounds like his last song/album. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img] I really find it irritating that we celebrate these so called artists who know nothing but do covers and then name them the "Songbird of Asia", "Teen Pop Princess", etc. How many times had "On the wings of love" been revived? Oh please. hehehe. But I&#39;m proud of our artists who are starting to appreciate and make original authentic Pinoy music. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I like Eraserheads but im the avid fan of Parokya ni Edgar when I was in highschool/college.
    I don&#39;t know if they still exist this time?

My husband is the no.1 fan of Lea Salonga, he once seen her performed Miss Saigon in London before, and he even have poster of her.
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; May 24 2006, 09&#58;47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I like Eraserheads but im the avid fan of Parokya ni Edgar when I was in highschool/college.
    I don&#39;t know if they still exist this time?
    [/b][/quote]

Yep. Parokya ni Edgar still exists and creates crazy music. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img] Check out youtube.com for their latest video "The Ordertaker" and "Papa Cologne". The former song is hilarious. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

and lovesongs&#33; they seem to be all over the place. last time we were in the PI in november, i swear all i ever heard was this song by....hang on...can&#39;t remember this new bands name... yeah...Make Your Mama Proud [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img] It was enough to put us off shopping everytime this song comes up...can&#39;t remember the song...it was one of them...a cover one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img]

I must admit i have travelled quite a bit to different places and i have never seen a country like the Philippines for love music. No matter where i went there was always love songs playing or someone was singing love songs. This is not a criticism i just have never seen so many people love so much love songs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 24 2006, 11&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    and lovesongs&#33; they seem to be all over the place. last time we were in the PI in november, i swear all i ever heard was this song by....hang on...can&#39;t remember this new bands name... yeah...Make Your Mama Proud [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif[/img] It was enough to put us off shopping everytime this song comes up...can&#39;t remember the song...it was one of them...a cover one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

It is so unfortunate for me, everytime I ride on FX in Manila, that I hear their songs and other revivals (90.7, anyone?). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] I believe Filipino artists are among the most talented on this planet and it&#39;s so sad to see it go into waste.

Thread Information