Thread: a lil bit confuse

a lil bit confuse

I wanna ask you all of guys if what to put as my surname in acquiring an NBI , police clearance?..as am going to file a spouse visa settlement soon, just got married last April 25, 2008....do i need to use my married name or still my maiden name. And how about my atm cards here that i had during when i wasn't married yet..do i need to update it and change into as my married name? or if its okay to stay it all that way.....I am on my way also to ammend my passport using the married one but still have to wait my NSO marriage cert which usually takes a big longer.....please do enlighten me. I badly need ur advice. thanks...

from cebu here...

Ann

hi marylen!

i will share to you what i did based on my experience. when i get my NBI Clearance, I did use my married name, it was ok, no problem with it, thats what i also submitted to UKVACS.

I also updated my savings account at BDO, its not necessary tho.

But i think you need to update one valid ID with your married name in case you're going to use the latter for your flight tickets to manila. The vaild ID is what you're going to show upon check-in at airport, considering that your passport will be submitted to UKVACS.

hope this helps!

hi!! well when i applied for my NBI i used my married name, and i had no prob encountered evnthough that time i was just been married 2 weeks....

abt atm cards?..i dont think its necessary to changed it to ur married name,. In my case after the wedding we put our money to a bank and open a joint acct. (thats how i got an atm with my married name) and put there his remittances evry month. By the way incase ur gonna do the same make sure u keep the deposit slips and receipts from western union or moneygram, it could help...

what id's do i have to show when receiving money from my husband which i don't have any id's to show as my married name listed on it yet. we usually used western union and deposited to bank after, we haven't used bank to bank transfer as it gets longer is it okay if i do have to use my single name yet still which i dont have any id's yet for my married name...i still waited for my NSO marriage as well.

Hi Marylen, u knw what I have now with my married name are just my NBI clearance, Brgy. Clearance, and my passport(but its currently with the embassy), good thing i have an extra photocopy of it, so evrytime i claim money i just present any of these and xplain my situation, that i just gt married... I suggest u get ur NBI clearance asap or u can apply for a postal i.d. ... hope this will help

Thread Information