Thread: Guys! Amigo! Amiga! Sis! I have it!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hallelujah!!!! Amiga I am so so happy for you. That is fantastic news especially after what you had to endure at the beginning of the process.

It's our 5 month anniversary today so this makes our day extra special. I will send Pia a text now to tell her; we both really look forward to meeting you and your hubby here! God bless you!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Congratulations,
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    It's our 5 month anniversary today so this makes our day extra special. I will send Pia a text now to tell her; we both really look forward to meeting you and your hubby here! God bless you!
    Pia will be next

Quote Originally Posted by jedc143 View Post
    Pia will be next
    Amen and Amen!! Sweet_Cookie08, islander, Marylen and ikaw din! I'd love her to be here in time for my birthday. The house is almost totally ready Btw, Pia get's online in a cafe at about 16:15. She was on looking for you today amiga and will try to get online in a few mins from home.

Hi SephEan,
    Congratulations!!! YOU'VE GOT IT AT LAST.

Louella & Iain.

Banned
    Congrats SephEan

Respected Member sweet_cookie08's Avatar
    Congratulations sis SephEan!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you sis!!! Truly, God answers prayers.. He just did answered our prayers.. Brilliant! Excellent! Fantastic! Bravo! Magaling!

To those who are waiting for their visas, you are all included in my prayers. Piamed, you'll be the next to announce the good news..

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_cookie08 View Post
    To those who are waiting for their visas, you are all included in my prayers. Piamed, you'll be the next to announce the good news..
    Salamat amiga ko (Thank you my friend). In His mighty name, yes! Islander din and ikaw at marylen din soon after(Islander also and you and marylen) Pia and I pray for you.

Amen and Amen!! Sweet_Cookie08, islander, Marylen and ikaw din! I'd love her to be here in time for my birthday. The house is almost totally ready Btw, Pia get's online in a cafe at about 16:15. She was on looking for you today amiga and will try to get online in a few mins from home.
    hi piamed!

this good news is bringing us hope & lightens our burden of waiting! for sure it will be ours soon!

btw, happy 5th month anniversary to you & pia!

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    hi piamed!

this good news is bringing us hope & lightens our burden of waiting! for sure it will be ours soon!

btw, happy 5th month anniversary to you & pia!
    It's really encouraging islander and increases our hope that our own applications will be granted soon! God is so good! Salamat for your greetings!

welcome to the uk

Hallelujah!!!! Amiga I am so so happy for you. That is fantastic news especially after what you had to endure at the beginning of the process.

Amigo Piamed!! first im sorry for being late to greet you, Be-lated 5th month anniversary, wish you both strong relationship and may God continue to blessed you with more strength specially in times like this, being far away from each other and waiting for the visa. Second, thanks so much for being happy for me, i can't wait to hear the good news from you.. Goodluck and im sure yours is on the way soon...

Quote Originally Posted by SephEan View Post
    Amigo Piamed!! first im sorry for being late to greet you, Be-lated 5th month anniversary, wish you both strong relationship and may God continue to blessed you with more strength specially in times like this, being far away from each other and waiting for the visa. Second, thanks so much for being happy for me, i can't wait to hear the good news from you.. Goodluck and im sure yours is on the way soon...
    Wala problema amiga (No problem)! Thank you also for your greeting and nice wishes. We are really praying to have good news for you guys soon. I'm happy you will soon be a wife to your husband again.

As I understand it Day 1 of the 28 days joebloggs mentioned begin the day your visa is dated. Arriving later than 28 days means that you will have to get a FLR as opoosed to ILR. That is least desirable.

An entitlement to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) will arise after you have been in the UK after two years of being in the UK on the basis of your marriage. New requirements for ILR applicants to have a knowledge of language and life in the UK were introduced on 2 April 2007. To satisfy these requirements, it is necessary to take a test, the 'Life in the UK' test in English or to undertake an accredited course in English as Second Language (ESOL) which is taught using materials about citizenship and life in the UK.

The challenge is that you can only apply for your ILR after you have been here 2 years but before the Spousal period expires otherwise you will be an overstayer and then may have to return to da Phils and start the process of being here all over again.

An application for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) will allow you to extend your stay in the United Kingdom (UK) by a fixed period. Once FLR is approved, a new stamp will be added in your passport granting you Further Leave to Remain in the UK for the approved period.

God bless you!

Piamed

but to everyone who has just got a spouse visa, they should be looking at what you need to be doing to apply for ILR in 2years time ...

guidence notes for set(m) - http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit..._guide0208.pdf

if you come later than 28 days after the start date of your visa, you might have to apply for FLR, (if your out a few days or week or so, then you could be ok, but its at the discretion of the case worker, and you could lose your fee !!)

in many cases, the length of the FLR would only be given to the date so you have been in the uk 2 yrs. in some cases that could be just weeks, what a waste of money.. worse if you don't manage to pass your life in the uk test, you might have to apply for FLR again , i doubt that thou, many filipina's should not find the test difficult..

so you should be planning your next stage, passing the test, start gathering evidence that you live together..

good luck

hi sephean!

congratulations! that is such a good news!

sorry sis if I was very late reading your post coz i wasn"t able to be online yesterday, and when i checked the forum now & find your post, really got goose bumps. GOD IS REALLY GREAT!

Good Luck & enjoy UK!

Thread Information