Thread: Accommodation re: Spousal Visa

Banned

Accommodation re: Spousal Visa

Hi,

I have had a bit of a setback regarding the requirement for producing rental agreement for the future spousal visa application.

I am self employed and my mail goes to my father's address where I have had the company's address registered.

I have been staying in another place for 10 months and I am not able to get a rental agreement at this place now.

Which way should I go?

1. Should I just move soon to a new place and get a rental agreement sorted.

2. Ask my father about allowing us to stay there when my future wife comes over.

If the answer is option 1, is there any problem in not being in a place for a long time, as long as I have this rental agreement in place?
    If the answer is option 2, will this cause my father any problems with the authorities, council tax etc.?

How much is this accommodation checked up?
    Are living arrangements checked into by someone?

I believe I can satisfy all the other criteria but this lack of rental agreement is bugging me.

I will be getting married in the Phils soon, and would just like to know how best to proceed.

Thanks for any help.

it's up to you, you could do either

1) i don't think there is a minimum amount of time you have to live at somewhere before you can apply for a visa, but for renting it does mention you should have at least 6 months minimum left on the agreement, if its less than 6 months then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.

2) you could ask your father, as long as it will not be over crowded with you and your wife there ? , problems with your father, council tax, yes if he gets the single person rebate

as for checking, i know for all the visas i've applied for, my employer has never been contacted or my mom ( as we live at a house owned by her)

but i'm sure they do random checks, but with the time difference btw phils and uk it must be rare they do carry out checks..

i know for other visa types (hsmp/workpermits) they def do random checks..

if i was you, seeing your not married yet, i would go and rent a new place, and ask your new landlord for a letter stating its ok for your wife to live there

or live with your dad , its up to you

I wondered why you need to transfer into new place were u already have one, been living there for 10mos is quite long and u don't need to worry at all even if you still just moving in for weeks, months or so...no minimum required needed as long you have the lease agreement between you and the landlord..the best thing for you is i guess to get a lease agreement sorted with the place that you staying in there right now....u don't need to move out which it takes hassles for you to start all over again, try to ask for your landlord to provide for a lease of agreement...Explain it all to him that u need one for visa purposes.

option no.1 is good as well at any time if you feel like to move out and look for a better place that will provide you with proper lease of agreement....that would be nice as well.....but it takes long for you to get sorted out as you will need to make things out in order,,,packings things up especially.

option no.2 is good as long as you have to be sure that the place is not overcrowded and have a letter from your dad stating that you both allowed to stay and have enough space or room available for you and your wife......lease of agreement is required as well to prove that your dad own that place.

Banned
    Hi marylen

[QUOTE=marylen;68451]I wondered why you need to transfer into new place were u already have one, been living there for 10mos is quite long and u don't need to worry at all even if you still just moving in for weeks, months or so...no minimum required needed as long you have the lease agreement between you and the landlord..the best thing for you is i guess to get a lease agreement sorted with the place that you staying in there right now....u don't need to move out which it takes hassles for you to start all over again, try to ask for your landlord to provide for a lease of agreement...Explain it all to him that u need one for visa purposes.

I asked him and he will not provide rental contract
    I am still deciding on option 1 or 2 but thanks for your reply

both option 1 and option 2 is quite good and preferable.....just be sure to have a proper lease of agreement..........theres no required length how long you need to be on that place, you can apply at anytime just do it before applying a visa......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    it's up to you, you could do either

1) i don't think there is a minimum amount of time you have to live at somewhere before you can apply for a visa, but for renting it does mention you should have at least 6 months minimum left on the agreement, if its less than 6 months then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.

2) you could ask your father, as long as it will not be over crowded with you and your wife there ? , problems with your father, council tax, yes if he gets the single person rebate

as for checking, i know for all the visas i've applied for, my employer has never been contacted or my mom ( as we live at a house owned by her)

but i'm sure they do random checks, but with the time difference btw phils and uk it must be rare they do carry out checks..

i know for other visa types (hsmp/workpermits) they def do random checks..

if i was you, seeing your not married yet, i would go and rent a new place, and ask your new landlord for a letter stating its ok for your wife to live there

or live with your dad , its up to you
    Once again, sound advice joebloggs Salamat

Thread Information