Thread: Is using a travel agency for visa useful?

Is using a travel agency for visa useful?

Is having a help from a travel agency helpful and does it guarantee for having a visa??

there are no guarantees when applying for a visa unless they are committing fraud, and that will get you a long ban from coming to the uk

i never used a travel agency for any visa i applied for, as i don't trust anyone else to do it, you can do it all yourself and save you money.

they could be useful thou, but i doubt it..

Thank you for the advise..I appreciate it, it also cleared my mind as i am really having a doubt of using a travel agency. It says that it will make the papers easier and faster but i doubted if they could guarantee a visa.

Another problem i have is not having any bank account until now (as i have been relying on my father's atm card, which i used). Will that affect my visa application not submitting any bank account which is one of the requirement? I am applying for a fiance/e visa..

i used travel agency before,nothing happen.i paid
    deposit(16 thou)i just waste that money...(long story)
    in the end i do it all by myself..save me alot of money.

I dont think you need worry too much about not having a bank account

Quote Originally Posted by Melanierose View Post
    Thank you for the advise..I appreciate it, it also cleared my mind as i am really having a doubt of using a travel agency. It says that it will make the papers easier and faster but i doubted if they could guarantee a visa.

Another problem i have is not having any bank account until now (as i have been relying on my father's atm card, which i used). Will that affect my visa application not submitting any bank account which is one of the requirement? I am applying for a fiance/e visa..
    It will be better for u to prepare the documents by urself there is no guarantee that an agent can make it easier and faster and there's no assurance that they can give u a visa..

and about ur bank account question, since u are applying for a fiancee visa I dont think u need to have one..Just make sure u keep all the receipts to prove that ur fiance is supporting u..

when I applied for my application last year, I included the Western Union receipts and even the receipts I got from ATM Machine when I withdrew money..

Goodluck on ur application and just keep reading threads here and keep posting for sure everything will be alright..

Thank you alicat and kimmi..i appreciate your advises.. From now i know where to start and what to prepare. As i also have read some helpful threads here about visas..

Is having a help from a travel agency helpful and does it guarantee for having a visa??
    hi Melanierose welcome to the forum,i did used an agency which they are able to process a visa in the embassy but i've never had a problem and very quick aswell and i think its depend if you don't have a problem in your documents and you need a complete documents aswell and don't forget to pray...goodluck!!

Quote Originally Posted by alicat View Post
    i used travel agency before,nothing happen.i paid
    deposit(16 thou)i just waste that money...(long story)
    in the end i do it all by myself..save me alot of money.
    sorry to hear your bad experienced from that agency i only just paid 1thousand pesos for agency fee haha bargain

thanks vbkelly..wow 1 thou for an agency fee..So did they do it all for you? having all the correct complete documents needed..how quick was it? i will appreciate your answer..thanks for the welcome..

hi melanierose!

welcome to the forum!

i think most of us here in the forum didn't apply thru travel agency, we just made it by ourselves. In my opinion, they are just a waste of money. I suggest you read more of the threads here & visit the vfs global website, for sure you will find it easier by the time you start sorting your docs.

also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, members here are very friendly & are very willing to help.

Good Luck!

thanks vbkelly..wow 1 thou for an agency fee..So did they do it all for you? having all the correct complete documents needed..how quick was it? i will appreciate your answer..thanks for the welcome..
    I used agency since i applied my passport,my visitors visa and spouse visa the reason why bcoz i was busy to my work and i hate walking around in manila when i applied my visitor visa 4days since the agency forward my documents to embassy i've recieved a phone call from them to interview the next day and after my interviewed i got my visa and my spouse visa is quick aswell 6 working days only...yeah islander is right do it yourself why not if your not working

I would suggest that if you have time do it yourself. I didn't use a travel agency and i got my spouse visa in 8 weeks. just make sure you supply them the proper documents they required, submit all evidence you think could help and read the thread here, im sure you're going to be fine. There's no assurance that your visa will be granted if use a travel agency. just read UKVACS website and if you have questions feel free to ask the forum. What kind of visa are u going to apply for?

Hello Melanierose, when I applied my fiancee visa b4 I used an agency and paid 10t php..fortunately everything was ok..I got a visa without interview.

If u have a doubt to use an agency ..well, do it in your ownself and be sure you have to submit enought requirements. Btw, good luck!

Hi islander, sephean and aug06_2006..thank you for the advise.. i appreciate it, Sephean - i am applying for a fiance/e visa..
    Vbkelly.. thank you for the reply..i do not work at the momen, i am in Mindanao..any suggestion??

Hi islander, sephean and aug06_2006..thank you for the advise.. i appreciate it, Sephean - i am applying for a fiance/e visa..
    Vbkelly.. thank you for the reply..i do not work at the momen, i am in Mindanao..any suggestion??
    hi melanie, im also from mindanao but i apply it personally and i got my spouse visa for just 3 days!!! u can also do it girl!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by telford View Post
    hi melanie, im also from mindanao but i apply it personally and i got my spouse visa for just 3 days!!! u can also do it girl!!!
    Wow 3 days belated congratz no one can beat that fast

hi

melanierose..i think u need to gather all ur docs if u were using a agency and be sure that that agency is not a fraud.i got mine 7 years ago with fiacee visa .and only take me 3 day by post.no interview either.anyway gud: luck

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    seems useless of ul do it thru agency coz uve got to be in manila personally wn applying coz it needs finger scanning..just complete the requirements and go manila to submit as wl as finger scanning.

Thank you for all your answers..You are all so supportive, i and my partner are glad for the answers you have for me. We are now preparing the papers we needed..I also have found lots of threads in here so helpful..

Thank you for all your answers..You are all so supportive, i and my partner are glad for the answers you have for me. We are now preparing the papers we needed..I also have found lots of threads in here so helpful..
    goodluck melanierose!!!

Thank you vbkelly.. ^_^

Thread Information