Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Administrator

Banned

Website Administrator

I tried to apply as Webpage Administrator. I've got guts to apply although I knew there are many British who are best in IT. I just think there is no harm in trying. There are many applicants, they only need 2 and the interviewer said my CV interests him and will give me a chance as he thinks I can do the job. I undergone training and day one was confusing as I have no background in webpage design, editing etc. The offer was 8£/hr, I can work at home and provided a laptop. I met personally a scientist Our website deals with biographies, news, advertisement etc.
    Just hoping I could get on well with the job, I think I need some moral support

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I tried to apply as Webpage Administrator. I've got guts to apply although I knew there are many British who are best in IT. I just think there is no harm in trying. There are many applicants, they only need 2 and the interviewer said my CV interests him and will give me a chance as he thinks I can do the job. I undergone training and day one was confusing as I have no background in webpage design, editing etc. The offer was 8£/hr, I can work at home and provided a laptop. I met personally a scientist Our website deals with biographies, news, advertisement etc.
    Hi I think you will do great, your employer would not have given you the post if he did not think you were capable. You just need to have some confidence in yourself.

Banned
    Thanks Sonia! I am now starting to build more and more confidence

Just be yourself and always ask Above for daily guidance to give you strength, inspiration and courage to prove your talents. Go go go go girl.
    Never fear d risk of getting hurt wen u r inlove,its only thru pain dat u can lve a complete lyf.LOVE n GET HURT,GET HURT n LEARN,LEARN n LOVE AGAIN.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywin07 View Post
    Just be yourself and always ask Above for daily guidance to give you strength, inspiration and courage to prove your talents. Go go go go girl.
    Thanks Jaywin! Will do.

Start with HTML, then DHTML, XML, XHTML,JAVA, JAVASCRIPT,PHP,MYSQL.....and you'll do just fine
    Keith - Administrator

good on you, i hope you've got many of the learn xxx in 24 hours books ..

best way of learning in at the deep end

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Start with HTML, then DHTML, XML, XHTML,JAVA, JAVASCRIPT,PHP,MYSQL.....and you'll do just fine
    I started to learn from TEXT PAD TO COMPOSER AND RELOAD TO WEBPAGE. We do save as html, txt. MYSQL?

U r my IDOL

PHP/MySQL is what you use for dynamic web sites (updated on the fly). Pretty easy to learn, and makes you look very clever
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Thanks boss! it increases my confidence

PHP/MySQL is what you use for dynamic web sites (updated on the fly). Pretty easy to learn, and makes you look very clever
    thas your secret

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    thas your secret
    I'm already clever.....that's why folk come to my site and not yours
    Keith - Administrator

i dont let rif raf on my site

unlike you

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i dont let rif raf on my site

unlike you

Well someone has to feel sorry for Mancs
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    May I know your site Bornatbirth?

i can give you a link but i will be banned?

Hi Penny,
    When I got my first IT job it was with quite a small company that had both Windows NT and Novell networks and although I had trained for NT networks, I knew nothing about Novell. There was also no hand over from the previous IT manager to give me a few pointers, so I just had to get on with it and learn it all as I went along.

What I found really helpful was the various internet news groups that I subscribed to and whenever I found a problem that I couldn't seem to figure out, I would post a message on one of the news groups and usually within a few hours, someone out there in cyberspace would tell me what i was doing wrong.

The internet has moved on and improved quite a bit since then and I'm sure that whatever problems you come up against with your new job, you'll find plenty of advice out there somewhere. All you have to do is ask!

Iain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi Penny,
    When I got my first IT job it was with quite a small company that had both Windows NT and Novell networks and although I had trained for NT networks, I knew nothing about Novell. There was also no hand over from the previous IT manager to give me a few pointers, so I just had to get on with it and learn it all as I went along.

What I found really helpful was the various internet news groups that I subscribed to and whenever I found a problem that I couldn't seem to figure out, I would post a message on one of the news groups and usually within a few hours, someone out there in cyberspace would tell me what i was doing wrong.

The internet has moved on and improved quite a bit since then and I'm sure that whatever problems you come up against with your new job, you'll find plenty of advice out there somewhere. All you have to do is ask!

Iain.
    Thanks Ian! It sounds very aspiring.
    My boss is so accommodating and helps everytime I stock up. He said I am willing to learn and my day 2 is brilliant. My day 1 was really confusing. I got aspiring words from my tutor at College too where I am studying computer course.
    When I established my internet cafe in the Philippines, LIKE you, I knew nothing about computer. It is the challenge that pushed me because I am really interested in learning IT. Then I hired a graduating student of Computer Engineering as OJT (On the Job Training) who is top in his class. He was my assistant and I learned a lot from him. Typing was not a problem as I had 40WPM speed in typewriter b4. Until now I am willing to learn more and more.

Thanks Ian! It sounds very aspiring.
    My boss is so accommodating and helps everytime I stock up. He said I am willing to learn and my day 2 is brilliant. My day 1 was really confusing. I got aspiring words from my tutor at College too where I am studying computer course.
    When I established my internet cafe in the Philippines, LIKE you, I knew nothing about computer. It is the challenge that pushed me because I am really interested in learning IT. Then I hired a graduating student of Computer Engineering as OJT (On the Job Training) who is top in his class. He was my assistant and I learned a lot from him. Typing was not a problem as I had 40WPM speed in typewriter b4. Until now I am willing to learn more and more.
    Your very lucky, I've been working in IT for about 20 years now and to my eternal shame, I'm still a two finger typist.

Iain.

london well away from those people up norf
    Hi Penny,

Iain.
    Great advice and it helps you with other parts of the job as well as technical advice.

Your hubby, Family and friends may not care about the battle you had finding the right shade of green for your latest page, but those in a similar boat will understand and be there to listen (ok read in most cases).

Well done on the postion and as in most things in the tech field none of us know all of what we do before we do it ( if that makes sense) nearly everyday im doing or learning something new which in a small amount of time will be obsolete.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i can give you a link but i will be banned?
    Bring it on...can't be any worse than the sites I've done - I'm still using HTML only.

Banned
    Your very lucky, I've been working in IT for about 20 years now and to my eternal shame, I'm still a two finger typist.

Iain.
    Just a tip, use all your fingers . Just practice typing ( asdfg) a(little finger)-s(Ring Finger)-d (middle)-f(index)-g (index) using your left hand, left thumbmark for space bar, on the other side, use your right hand typing h-j-k-l-;'#. You can use right thumbmark for space bar too .Keep on practice by typing the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog. Use all fingers up and down keypadsHope this will help
    qwertasdfgzxcv (left) yuiophjkl;'bnm,. (right)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Great advice and it helps you with other parts of the job as well as technical advice.

Your hubby, Family and friends may not care about the battle you had finding the right shade of green for your latest page, but those in a similar boat will understand and be there to listen (ok read in most cases).

Well done on the postion and as in most things in the tech field none of us know all of what we do before we do it ( if that makes sense) nearly everyday im doing or learning something new which in a small amount of time will be obsolete.
    Thanks Andy, such a lovely aspiring words . You are right, my hubby said YOU CAN DO IT! THATS MONEY! My Mom in law said STICK IT IN! and was happy telling to my friend who is just arrived and no interest and smile from her face. She didn't even look at my laptop . But I got cheers and support from all my IT colleagues friends in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Bring it on...can't be any worse than the sites I've done - I'm still using HTML only.
    You've just had your internet speed increased to 12k though.....West Wales joining the revolution
    Keith - Administrator

Wow great Job!...You can do it sis..All the best

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

well done Ate Penny.. I am so proud of u..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
    SORRY IT'S ME_YEH Correction is under your care . My english skills is really worse than my math skills. I think I need to enrol academic English.

KIMMI
    THANKSSS . CHEERS !!!!

go for it

Banned
    Thanks to all WELL WISHERS and those help gain more confidence! . I got my contract yesterday and I made my first website which is now on the worldwide web.
    Also thanks to my friend in the Philippines especially my friend who owned cafe before and shift her business into CALL CENTER. Goodluck to you too! I cannot reach you! you are getting richer . Thanks you're always there
    Have another thing to finish next week . Need to take my final exam in my English and Math Class and claim my first certificate in my Computing Course.
    GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information