<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">The Lot of the Filipina domestic helper in the Metropolis of Hong Kong </span>

Did anyone see last nights BBC 2 Documentary called &#39;Imagine&#39; although the documentary was about Tall skyscraper buildings, and how people live in close proximity, it was talking about how crowded Hong Kongs tower blocks are, some 6000 people live in 1 tower block alone.

What made me sit up and take notice, is the sudden mention of how 3 thousand Filipina domestic helpers, suddenly can cram into the walkways and basement areas of tower blocks to meet on Sunday&#39;s simply because they have nowhere to go.

The programme was trying to illustrate how tower blocks seem to house unbeleivable numbers of people when required to do so, in this case, it mentioned how thousands of young domestic helpers from the Philippines, all take packed lunches and snacks, and sit together in some of the districts of Hong Kong under tower block entrances, simply because as the programme narrator said and I quote

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They congregate here on Sunday&#39;s because they only have 1 day off a week, they are simply thrown out of their employers houses until Monday Morning, when they then return to a life of servitude and squalor.[/b][/quote]

The cameras then panned to show at least a thousand Filipina&#39;s huddled under a tower block basement, chatting way, amazingly, laughing and smiling, passing snacks around and having fun.

It just goes to show even in 2006, some of us are very lucky, and not just the Flipina&#39;s I&#39;m also talking about us the Western Boys, coz in by accident of birth, that could be us.

In the old saying:

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">There I go by the grace of God </span>