Thread: Hello - and a question for you!

Hello - and a question for you!

Hello everyone,

I came upon this site shortly after the 'Filipina idea' came to me. I must admit I am impressed by what I have read here, and the bond that exists between members.

It has been a steep learning curve - from zero to some idea of what is involved if one wants to meet and take as a wife a lady from the Philippines.

I have a question: I had thought of perhaps taking a holiday in the Philippines this year to get to know a litle of the place and people. How practical is it to hope to meet up with some Philippine ladies whilst there? I thought I might fly to Cebu and I would rather make friends person to person than over the internet.

I am keen to press forward with this sooner than later, any advice much appreciated, can anyone help with introductions?

Keep up the excellent work on this site, I must be just one of very many grateful to you all.

Paul

so you just looking for friends or a wife or a gf or a lover lol ?

I am looking for a wife, I have been divorced for a few years, enough time for the dust to settle. Iwould like a partner for life now, no rush but I do hope to meet someone special to me one day.

Paul

Banned
    Hello paulgee

I have recently come back from Cebu and Negros and I once again loved it there. I had been to Phils three times earlier also.

There are so many friendly ladies there that are enchanting and very friendly.
    If you think you will like Filipinas you will be even more pleasantly surprised.

Filipinos as a race are amongst the friendliest in the world. I have worked in 40+ countries and have never felt so welcomed and at ease in comparison.

The ladies are often stunning even as you walk around the city and smaller towns, but IMO, be careful if you go to watch them dance. They are as beautiful as you would imagine but you must stay focussed on your objective. As David Gilmore sang "It's one slip and down the road you go" (or something along those lines )

Introductions.... I cannot help you on this one but in my experience, if you are friendly, open, honest and chatty you will attract like-minded women.

If you are lucky enough to be in the company of a good Filipina your heart will beat more smoothly as her charm will put you at ease.

Go over for a memorable holiday and best of luck

I totally agree with what aposhark has written

Welcome to the forum.

You are a salesman par excellence, Aposhark ,on behalf of Filipinas. I hope your good fortune rubs off on me!

Paul

Hi Paulgee welcome to the forum. Hope you'll meet your dream girl soon. Best of luck.....
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

hello Paulgee, welcome and goodluck

Hello and welcome to the forum..hope you will find what you are looking for..Good luck to you

Banned
    Welcome to Philippines and to our forum! Just take your time looking for the right lady !!!

Hi Paulgee and welcome to the forum.

I think that if it's a wife you looking for, you should try the internet first and chat to as many as possible on as many different dating sites as possible until you find one that you really want to go and meet in the Philippines.

There are many different dating sites where you can meet and chat to Filipinas such as Cherry Blossoms, AsianEuro and of course this site FilipinoUK to name but a few.

I think if you just turned up in Phils looking for a wife, you would be more likely to just get caught up in the bar scene which is not really the ideal place to be looking if it's a wife your searching for.

Cheers,

Iain.

Hi Paul welcome to the forum

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    I am looking for a wife, I have been divorced for a few years, enough time for the dust to settle. Iwould like a partner for life now, no rush but I do hope to meet someone special to me one day.

Paul
    hi, if ur kind is a decent person, i could help you to introduce some friends to assist you in cebu or in davao, so u cn meet some nice decent ladies on that places if ur intension really is good...just try to email or sent msg. on my ID if ever u hv really the plan for it..its just a good and kind gesture from me as one of the member hr in forum..good luck

Hello Paul, and welcome.

Looking for a wife by the direct method of going out to Philippines is not a bad idea a all, in fact, before the times of internet dating, it was the only way.

It is not uncommon for someone who was working in the Philippines around 20 years ago, to just happen on one of those bright smiling faces, cheeky smiles, rolling eyes, and feel the most urgent need to ask that lady out on a date.

Thats the way it normally happened, sadly those times have dissapeared almost in its entirety, the majority of introductions take place via internet, but you may be surprised that the approach you intend to take is probably the best one.

Sometimes, you can go to Cebu, Davao, Manila, or any other major city, and put the word around you are looking for a companion, don't be surprised if men turn up with their sisters, daughters, cousins, neices, that is the way its normally done.

If you are confronted by the sister or neice, or daughter of a freindly Filipino is hoping to find you the wife of your dreams, just take your time, there are so many fish in the sea.

Only do be aware, any man who does this has a motive, and that is the possibity of the family sharing in the good fortune of the one being proferred to the suitor, that is of course you the rich foreigner with deep pockets and a fat wallet.

The one thing you can of couse hope for, is that the lady you decide to court, is in fact an orphan, that will be bring many blessing to you, and be a very economical courtship, but please be sure to let me know if you find one, I will call the guiness book of records and have them publish it.

Best of Luck...in your desire to find the wife of your youth oh young man....!

Hi! I can introduce you to my Mum who is 59yrs old as well. She lives in Manila. My Dad died 4yrs ago and I want her to move on. That is if you are not looking for younger girls. Dont worry my Mum is a lovely lady and doesnt look 59!

Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    hi, if ur kind is a decent person, i could help you to introduce some friends to assist you in cebu or in davao, so u cn meet some nice decent ladies on that places if ur intension really is good...just try to email or sent msg. on my ID if ever u hv really the plan for it..its just a good and kind gesture from me as one of the member hr in forum..good luck
    Hi Paulgee,
    I think this would also be a very good option for you, I'm sure that there are lots of the female members on here that have sisters or cousins they could recommend to you. I think this is also a much better way to find a prospective wife than just going to the Philippines and asking around.

Cheers,
    Iain.

welcome to the forum Paulgee..wishing u all the best in finding ur filipina..

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    if u want to go cebu i hv a cousin there that can assist you,,dont worry she is a decent kind of woman and she has loads of friends too that she can introduce to you if ever,she has a car to hv you go round.she is same age with me but looks young..but il let her introduce you too to her friends....but if u choose davao, the more decent ladies there that i can introduce to you like my friends there and cousins..dont worry they wil not take advantage to you..il give assurance to you for that...so it depends on you who wl u choose, if someone there you would like to be with....but to let u know first they are decent ones... ok? so dont take advantage too...lol..

if u want to go cebu i hv a cousin there that can assist you,,dont worry she is a decent kind of woman and she has loads of friends too that she can introduce to you if ever,she has a car to hv you go round.she is same age with me but looks young..but il let her introduce you too to her friends....but if u choose davao, the more decent ladies there that i can introduce to you like my friends there and cousins..dont worry they wil not take advantage to you..il give assurance to you for that...so it depends on you who wl u choose, if someone there you would like to be with....but to let u know first they are decent ones... ok? so dont take advantage too...lol..

There you go Paulgee, SORTED, just give Gemini some contact details and she'll do the rest.

Iain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Hi! I can introduce you to my Mum who is 59yrs old as well. She lives in Manila. My Dad died 4yrs ago and I want her to move on. That is if you are not looking for younger girls. Dont worry my Mum is a lovely lady and doesnt look 59!
    what about give a try paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    You are a salesman par excellence, Aposhark ,on behalf of Filipinas. I hope your good fortune rubs off on me!

Paul
    welcome and good luck

Banned
    oppps late when i read your reply friend....lol

welcome PAULGEE

Thank you for your kind offer Gemini. When I have definite plans I will be in touch. At the moment I think my powers on this site are limited as I have made only a few posts so I can't get in touch with you directly. Hopefully that will soon change.

Thank you everyone for you good wishes and helpful thoughts.

Paul

Thread Information