Thread: first kitchen disaster

Red face first kitchen disaster

friday night, met with some new filipino friends for dinner at the Arcadian in birmingham. it's nice to meet new friends after being here for a while. chatted and enjoyed ourselves that time flew, it was already half twelve and we were still in the japanese restaurant where the staff were also filipinos. got home and got to bed at 3:30...

woke up craving for pork sinigang, so I ask my hubby to help me preparing the food. decided to use the pressure cooker to speed the cooking time but our first disaster happened after 5 minutes. my hubby checked the pressure cooker after it stopped singing, unfortunately it prematurely depressurize spilling lots and lots of pork broth all over the kitchen top . so we have no choice but to mop up first before eating. once we started the electric stove back up, we discovered some sizzling noise coming from beneath the cooker top with some slight electrical burning smell . so we turned off the electrical switch for the cooker top and decided to go to mcdonalds for burger.

so now the problem is finding someone to fix the electrical short , anyone know of a reliable electrician in birmingham?

If you got fat impregnated water over the elements that's going to smell strange when it burns off.

Electric cookers are made with these sorts of mishaps, pots boiling over in mind I would clean and mop open the windows and let the element heat up give it ten mins and see if it has resolved itself before spending money on an electrician.

If it was shorting it would trip your fuse box.

You can always turn it on remotely from the wall switch with a insulated pair of pliers if your worried.

As you may have guessed I have done this myself more than once

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    If you got fat impregnated water over the elements that's going to smell strange when it burns off.

Electric cookers are made with these sorts of mishaps, pots boiling over in mind I would clean and mop open the windows and let the element heat up give it ten mins and see if it has resolved itself before spending money on an electrician.

You can always turn it on remotely from the wall switch with a insulated pair of pliers if your worried.

Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

london well away from those people up norf
    Its a daily occurence for me.

In fact if you dont let a pan dry off totally your hear a sizzling underneath quite often which sounds just a little scary if not used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post

thank you very much keithangel tried this, seems like it just needs to be dried. hopefully our cooker will work now.

Pleasure was mine

Thread Information