Thread: ILR preparation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ILR preparation

when is the best time to take the exam? is there a timeline? I'll be applying for ILR on march next year.

You can take the Life in the UK test anytime you wish. Just keep the certificate safe when you passed your test or else you'll have to pay and take the test again.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

thanks LadyJ

Hi eytch, we're the same next year i will apply ILR..and hope before end of this year i can take the exam before the immigration rules change hehehe! bitaw oi, just wanna ask u coz i got confused eh....do we need a joint bank account of our hubby or just our own account? for ilr req....ok, take care!

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hi eytch, we're the same next year i will apply ILR..and hope before end of this year i can take the exam before the immigration rules change hehehe! bitaw oi, just wanna ask u coz i got confused eh....do we need a joint bank account of our hubby or just our own account? for ilr req....ok, take care!
    I think that doesnt matter if you have a joint account or not because in my case me and husband not got a joint account but i have my own account so I think it will be alright
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

hi lisa it doesn't matter if you dont have a join account to your hubby but its better if you have one,the documents you need are mostly the same for spouse and fiancee visa but you need proof of your address like bills

Hi eytch you can take the exam now if you want before they increase the price for the test I`ll be applying for my ILR probabaly later this year because my spouse visa runs out on february next year.I had my exam about a week ago now on life in the uk test and if you want to take the exam this year you better start reviewing nah

Hello Mrs Daddy, i have my own account..problem i don't have work..but my hubby he put some money there. u think that's will be ok?

Hello Mrs Daddy, i have my own account..problem i don't have work..but my hubby he put some money there. u think that's will be ok?
    you don't need a bank account. but the statements could be used as evidence you live together

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you don't need a bank account. but the statements could be used as evidence you live together
    you would need either your own or a joint account if you wish to work

you don't need a bank account to apply for ILR, that what the lady was asking about

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you don't need a bank account to apply for ILR, that what the lady was asking about
    true

But a Basic bank Account is so easy to open up and even if you put nothing in it many will send you statments and other paperwork which can be used as more evidence as you say.

The Wife has two one she uses everyday another she never touchs and has basically a few quid init maxium.

But both still counted as evidence

So if you have a spare hour worth poping into a bank and asking to open a basic account.

Most of the evidence if you go in person they want from your hubby it seemed in our experince last year.

The actual evidence we were asked for was tiny compared to the amount we took.

But i would still advise taking as much as possible and possibly sending a little more than you need if via post.

Oh, tnx joe now i understand na.

yes I agree to what vbkelly said

* Public Enquiry Office - Birmingham

0870 606 7766

Dominion Court, 41 Station Road, Solihull, Birmingham, B91 3RT
    * Public Enquiry Office - Croydon

0870 606 7766

Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY
    * Public Enquiry Office - Glasgow

0870 606 7766

Festival Court, 200 Brand Street, Govan, Glasgow, G51 1DH
    * Public Enquiry Office - Liverpool

0870 606 7766

Reliance House, 20 Water Street, Liverpool, L2 8XU
    * Public Enquiry Office - Sheffield

0870 606 7766

Vulcan House, Orchard entrance, 6 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8NU
    some of the offices

i think its worth to apply in person

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    i think its worth to apply in person
    I would second that if money and time off is possible go in person.

You can take all the evidence you have even some you are dubious if it will be useful. Also noticed the ECO or whatever they were called seemed to deal with those with lots of evidence far quicker than those with a small sample from the time we sat around waiting.

You cant lose your paperwork (well unless you are stupid). If that parcel goes missing and the wrong people get their hands on it be prepared for some intresting days ahead.

Its all over in one day no waiting and waiting for days for some news.

The time taken seems to vary greatly, some people seem to have to wait months for the passport back. This means no travel or being able to use it for I.D for opening bank accounts, proving who you are for remittance prehaps or getting a new job.

From the morning we spent at croydon I found the guards and people quite cheerful and friendly as long as you chat to them and be polite. Many other report them as not so friendly.
    One guy was so helpful he sat just by the door at the waiting room and we walked past him several times for various reasons. Each time taking the time to smile and chat as we went by.
    Most people i noticed just grunted at him as they went past but a quick smile and a how you doing. Meant when later we needed some assitance he went out of his way to help us and i think was happier than the Wife or I when she walked past with her Passport

The same with the security guards when we went back to collect the wifes passport with stamp later on that day. They were questioning everyone who was asking to get entry back in checking id etc as we walked up.
    Because we chatted to them on the way in and tried to comply with whatever they asked efficently. They opened the door and greeted us and wished us well as we went in.

Simple Lesson when going to vist a place be polite and friendly to all you met you never know who they are or who they know or how they may help you later on. Manners cost nothing.

One of the most important rule we teach all our Workers who vist customers sites for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    I would second that if money and time off is possible go in person.

You can take all the evidence you have even some you are dubious if it will be useful. Also noticed the ECO or whatever they were called seemed to deal with those with lots of evidence far quicker than those with a small sample from the time we sat around waiting.

You cant lose your paperwork (well unless you are stupid). If that parcel goes missing and the wrong people get their hands on it be prepared for some intresting days ahead.

Its all over in one day no waiting and waiting for days for some news.

The time taken seems to vary greatly, some people seem to have to wait months for the passport back. This means no travel or being able to use it for I.D for opening bank accounts, proving who you are for remittance prehaps or getting a new job.

From the morning we spent at croydon I found the guards and people quite cheerful and friendly as long as you chat to them and be polite. Many other report them as not so friendly.
    One guy was so helpful he sat just by the door at the waiting room and we walked past him several times for various reasons. Each time taking the time to smile and chat as we went by.
    Most people i noticed just grunted at him as they went past but a quick smile and a how you doing. Meant when later we needed some assitance he went out of his way to help us and i think was happier than the Wife or I when she walked past with her Passport

The same with the security guards when we went back to collect the wifes passport with stamp later on that day. They were questioning everyone who was asking to get entry back in checking id etc as we walked up.
    Because we chatted to them on the way in and tried to comply with whatever they asked efficently. They opened the door and greeted us and wished us well as we went in.

Simple Lesson when going to vist a place be polite and friendly to all you met you never know who they are or who they know or how they may help you later on. Manners cost nothing.

One of the most important rule we teach all our Workers who vist customers sites for whatever reason.
    thanks Kuya Andy, I'll bear that in mind..

Thread Information