Thread: ILR preparation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello Mrs Daddy, i have my own account..problem i don't have work..but my hubby he put some money there. u think that's will be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hello Mrs Daddy, i have my own account..problem i don't have work..but my hubby he put some money there. u think that's will be ok?
    you don't need a bank account. but the statements could be used as evidence you live together

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you don't need a bank account. but the statements could be used as evidence you live together
    you would need either your own or a joint account if you wish to work

you don't need a bank account to apply for ILR, that what the lady was asking about

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you don't need a bank account to apply for ILR, that what the lady was asking about
    true

But a Basic bank Account is so easy to open up and even if you put nothing in it many will send you statments and other paperwork which can be used as more evidence as you say.

The Wife has two one she uses everyday another she never touchs and has basically a few quid init maxium.

But both still counted as evidence

So if you have a spare hour worth poping into a bank and asking to open a basic account.

Most of the evidence if you go in person they want from your hubby it seemed in our experince last year.

The actual evidence we were asked for was tiny compared to the amount we took.

But i would still advise taking as much as possible and possibly sending a little more than you need if via post.

Hi All,
    Just a little aside on this one. Can anyone tell me about when is the correct time to appply for ILR with regard to dates etc. I know that if you apply too early (more than one month I before the end of the 2 year visa period) it will be rejected, but does the timeline refer to the date that the visa was issued, or the date of arrival in the UK?
    Cheers,
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi All,
    Just a little aside on this one. Can anyone tell me about when is the correct time to appply for ILR with regard to dates etc. I know that if you apply too early (more than one month I before the end of the 2 year visa period) it will be rejected, but does the timeline refer to the date that the visa was issued, or the date of arrival in the UK?
    Cheers,
    Iain.
    hi iain this is a public enquiry in birmingham 08706067766 and address DOMINION COURT,41 STATION ROAD,SOLIHULL,BIRMINGHAM B91 3RT try to phone a month before visa expiry

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi All,
    Cheers,
    Iain.
    Do you plan to apply by mail or in person?

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukr...cy/settlement/

There is a window when you can apply which depends on the date your Wife Arrived and when her Visa would run out.
    Which if i remeber correctly has to be within 28 days of the end of the visa but not before your Wife entered the uk for the first time.

Thread Information