Thread: Where in Manila could i watch the World cup in a pub/bar

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Where in Manila could i watch the World cup in a pub/bar

Hi to all,
    I coming to Manila on the 3rd of July, and before the ned of the world cup, i still have a glimmer of hope that England will win it, but what ever happens i still would love to watch it and not miss many games. As the compitition does nto wind up until the 10th of July i will be watching it in Manila. Does anyone here know of any ex pat bars and pubs that might show the world cup on a large screen, like they do in the UK. I know football is not a very big sport there, but i am sure there must be some places. I would be very grateful for any ideas of places to go. Oh one more thing i will be around the Makati area and Malate. Thanks in advance

Matt

Matt,

You could always try a Google if you have time: just found this list of possibilities.

Ivor and Mel

If you are staying in a hotel or pension house and it is a good one then they will have cable and look out for a chanel called "star sports" which is run by ESPN as they will i am sure be showing all the games. I do not think you will have any problems getting to watch it but for the 8pm games you will have to get up at 3am-4am. When Liverpool were playing in the Champions League Final i was staying with friends so i just booked a hotel for one night to see the game which of course was soooo worth it

Apparently, Mandarin Oriental Hotel is showing the games live but if you want to do sun and sea at the same time, there's a great pub in Subic that will definitely have it, wide screen and all! Harley's Bar in Baloy Beach and it's great! It's worth visiting even if you're not a football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfrivolity
    Apparently, Mandarin Oriental Hotel is showing the games live but if you want to do sun and sea at the same time, there's a great pub in Subic that will definitely have it, wide screen and all! Harley's Bar in Baloy Beach and it's great! It's worth visiting even if you're not a football fan.
    Yes my sources tell me the Mandarin Oriental are showing them live !,
    you will have to check in there.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thank you to everyone for all the advice on where i can continue to watch the world cup whilst in Manila. I have printed this page out and will take it with me. I must say a big thank you to Ivor and Mel for the terrific link they posted too. I have also printed that page. Here's to England going all the way, though they really do need to pull there socks up from now on. Thanks again. Matt

Don't try and get them to pull their socks up - they have enough problems with the simple things like passing to a team-mate

Anyway, all the best with your trip Matt. Just try not to do too much breathing if you get stuck in the Manila traffic

Ivor and Mel

Thread Information