When I was in the UK I used to host music quizzes quite extensively - in pubs, clubs, schools, private parties etc...
I did this because music has ALWAYS been my passion - from Mozart to Madness. Music is truly the universal language and brings everyone together on an equal footing. My music collection must be bigger than that of the BBC!
Indeed, I was one of Richard Branson's first customers at 'Rare Records' in Manchester.
I was actually in the business professionally for a few years in the 70s - playing piano and keyboards as a session musician with EMI records on Oxford Street in Manchester.

Anyroadup - last night I was invited to do a music night at the house of an American friend of mine - I played music from the 50s, 60s and 70s and it went down a STORM!!!!
It just goes to prove my original point to a small extent - that music - good music - not the total c**p that sells a few dozen copies and gets to number one in the charts these days - will live FOREVER.

In the middle of last night's 'gig' I had a small competition - 'Place the Lyric' and I was AMAZED at how many Filipinos/as scored really well.

I'll give you a couple of examples of last night's questions - easy ones I hope.
From which songs do the following lyrics come?

We drank champagne and danced all night, under electric candlelight.

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear.

Comments or criticisms on this post, as always, welcome.

Al.

P.S. If you are wondering what this post has to do with the price of bread - NOWT!!