Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everybody!!

( sorry Rob was it the ram by the horns ?)
    :laugh I hope you sleep with one eye open Pete........very sneaky these Welsh chaps
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jakeob
    Hello again

Just wondering? i am chating with a nice lady from Mindanao at the moment on CB site. I was realy dissapointed when she told me she was from that part of the phils. And to put another downer on her shes still married, but seperated, and she has a daughter
    Am i asking for trouble here??? but shes very nice

thanks
    neil.

Hi, jakeob.. I'm Janice, a 24 year old filipina girl, well, i'm single and from Mindanao, spicifically in Iligan City, but not promoting myself, haha. Just want you to know about the nice lady you told about having a kid and separated, well, to be honest with you, this is not going to make you scared about filipinas but all countries have that good and bad people, right, so, this is what I want you to know that there are some women here in phils that are married with kids but not separated but are chatting just to get some money, they are using their kids and telling they are separated but they are not, even their husband are on it, see how awful it is but it's true, well, not all filipinas are like that, just giving you warning, I guess. Haha. Anyway, I still wish you good luck and just be careful in finding your true love. Get to know the nice lady you were talking about or you can find other woman in here, there are lots of single women here. Good things come to those who wait. Hehe. My sister just got married with an english guy, she is in the process of applying for the visa. Wow. 1500 pounds-2000 pounds is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500 pounds is enough well, fare not included..WEll, to sum it up, your airfares in coming here, the hotel acommodations, foods and other hidden expenses, that would reach 2000 pounds, I guess. Haha. I even told John (my sisters hubby) " It cost a fortune to marry a pinay, John"..well, he said, "It's not, but it's worth it"

Good luck guys! God bless! Take care you all!

1500lbs-2000lbs is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500lbs is enough well, fare not included
    Blimey, someone has put on weight!!!!

1500lbs = Weight
    £1500 or 1500 pounds = Money
    Keith - Administrator

Yeah, I know that, guess I was just lazy to type the word pounds. But I know you all guys know what I was talking about, right? I can't find the money sign either, haha. Well, should I edit it then? So i would not sound dumb. No way! Well, I'm studying and taking up Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Business Economics. There I should edit it. Thanks pal!

You can give me 1500lbs of KFC
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member

jakeob

Well thanks for the warnings,, i guess anything is posible,, but i wont be sending money to anybody. One thing that has crossed my mind is (Age)
    i am talking girls from 20- 25 yrs ,,is this age group ok for me at 39 or are these young girls normaly a little young to be serious looking for marriage

thanks neil.......

Well thanks for the warnings,, i guess anything is posible,, but i wont be sending money to anybody. One thing that has crossed my mind is (Age)
    i am talking girls from 20- 25 yrs ,,is this age group ok for me at 39 or are these young girls normaly a little young to be serious looking for marriage

thanks neil.......
    Helllo jakeob,
    Im 22 yrs of age and im married to british guy and my loving husband always telling me that i am responsible and matured in my age. But age dont really matter what matters most is that you love the girl and she loves you. Anyway goodluck and wish you could find a girl that makes you happy for the rest of your life.

thanks neil.......
    20 to 25 years is the norm, and they are full blooded women heheheh as you will find out !, and they are deadly serious man ! go for it

Respected Member

Pete

Thanks Pete,,, i think you put my mind at rest with the age thing,,,,and yes Jeilda thanks for your advice,,,Age doesnt matter as long as your in love,,,and i am the old one of course,,lol

neil

Youre welcome mate !, age is not really a major issue for Pinay's whats important for them is that your a one woman man, not a playboy, an abuser, gambler, drug addict, drinker, and that you are not kuripot ! (stingy) normally and there is always an exception the rule, i.e. masama at maganda ( get your pinay to translate for you, if any probs with my taglish) your average Pinay is only interested in here and now, that is what you do..by your actions and what you are delivering for them now, in other words, exclusively to them in your devotion, looking at them with both eyes, take care of them, pinay's are like beautiful horses, if you stroke them, feed them and water them when they need it, they will carry you wherever you want to go, ( that is..be your best freind, be attentive to your needs, and yes, give you everything you want wink wink).

As I said, age is respected, and a mature man is always more likely to take care of them, he is beyond the behaviours of playboys, pinays are well aware of playboys, after all, they see them every day in the Barangays, the smart ones, are not taken in by them, they are pretty used to binobola mo lang ako !, they are looking for actions that speak louder than words, thats why so many are prepared to uproot there whole life and move to another part of the world, and of course, let us not forget, they have other motives for doing so, yes I will say it here in this post ! they are also looking to escape the no hope situation they have in the Philippines, so its a trade off really, an exchange of services, as long as you are comfortable with that theory, you will find a really nice pinay jake !

Don't rush into relationships straight away, take time to develop a freindship with a pinay, there are thousands of them all looking for the same, once you fall for one, oh yes, you will fall down fast, but be careful not to tall too quick, some of them have been around the block, maybe you havent ?

And don't every try to outsmart a pinay, youre not that good, thats why this forum is good, you can pick up tips from those of us, who have spent lots of time in their company !,

So...halika byahe tayo ngating makita ang ganda ng pinay

Oh and one thing I forgot to say in my last post !, watch out for vetinary bills for sick caribous, advance payments for roofs destroyed by freak storm damage, and medical bills for Tita Delia...

The only problem with the age thing is this.....If you are say 40, and your missus is 20..........your mates will be dead jealous
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win
    The only problem with the age thing is this.....If you are say 40, and your missus is 20..........your mates will be dead jealous
    Could be a problem though, as Elsa has been told she looks like a 14 year old, and we do get some funny looks in the supermarket.

I dont think that age is important as long as the relationship is real and strong. You've just got to be single minded enough and so absolutely positive about your relationship to say, to hell with what anyone else thinks, as long as we are a happy. I will be 57 next month by the way and my newly acquired missus turned 28 last February

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob
    ......and we do get some funny looks in the supermarket.
    ...nothing to do with your missus mate!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win
    ...nothing to do with your missus mate!
    Funny

Quote Originally Posted by janice
    Wow. 1500 pounds-2000 pounds is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500 pounds is enough well, fare not included..WEll, to sum it up, your airfares in coming here, the hotel acommodations, foods and other hidden expenses, that would reach 2000 pounds, I guess. Haha. I even told John (my sisters hubby) " It cost a fortune to marry a pinay, John"..well, he said, "It's not, but it's worth it"
    £1500-£2000 is not enough if the bride have so many relatives and friends like me.Maybe a civil wedding will do.We spent almost £9000 for our church wedding,excluding my husbands airfare. Yeah, it cost a fortune to marry a filipina,but who cares if both of you can afford it. It doesn't really matter how much you spend as long as you still have enough money to sustain yourselves once you get to the UK...and most of all, you can convince the ECO that you're not a recourse to their public funds after having a lavish wedding.
    Worry is like a rocking chair;It gives you something to do,but it doesn't get you anywhere!

Respected Member
    Wow,, in 2 or 3 posts the cost of a wedding has gone from £500 to £9000 pounds,, sure it must depend on what you can afford. but i wonder what is the accepted average,,, that mr average will be expected to pay

Has it got anything to do with the social backround of the bride, from say a middle class or upper class familly

At this stage i have never been over there,, but i imagine the Phils to be a very poor country, so i imagined a local wedding would carry a small
    pricetag

neil

Hi Neil,
    In my experience, they will let you spend as little or as much as you want to, as long as as there's lechon and a cake, enough to feed all the people you have invited, everyone will be happy.
    Iain.

My wedding cost about £100 but I'm a scouser
    Keith - Administrator

Was that 100 pounds paid to your trusty scouse 'wedding planner'. U nowe the in the traccies wiyth a dead rat stuck to his top lip.

Wow,, in 2 or 3 posts the cost of a wedding has gone from £500 to £9000 pounds,, sure it must depend on what you can afford. but i wonder what is the accepted average,,, that mr average will be expected to pay

Has it got anything to do with the social backround of the bride, from say a middle class or upper class familly

At this stage i have never been over there,, but i imagine the Phils to be a very poor country, so i imagined a local wedding would carry a small
    pricetag

neil
    I guess,yes..it has something to do with the social background of the bride. It really depends on what you've talked about with the family and between the two of you. If you want a very simple church wedding,£1500-2000 will do. Surely,the bride's family will shoulder some expenses anyway. Maybe you could pay for the food,the rings,the bridal gowns,reception place & Church. The rest will be paid for by the bride.Unless they don't want to spend a single cent! Again,depends on the social background,the number of guests invited,and the relatives.I tell you,if you think 100 guest on your list to be invited are enough,you'll be surprised to see that on your wedding day,200 guests will turn up! So it's important to talk about your expected budget to your bride (and her family) before they'll expect too much from you.Believe me,some filipino's are nosey parker to the max..and you don't want to be called stingy either! Be careful with the wedding suppliers as they tend to overprice if they found out that the groom is a foreigner! ..take it from me,i was a victim of a bloody **** bandit who did my hair! (After he met my husband!)
    Philippines is a 3rd world country. Yes,it's a poor country and the economy is crap! It's filthy & full of tramp! Don't worry,im half-kidding! But,you'll be surprised to see that we have posh families living in the country as well..well,not as posh as victoria beckham though! Unlike any other 3rd world countries,we have shops like dorothy perkins,banana republic,Prada and my favorite ralph lauren! You'll be amazed that the prices are much cheaper here compared to God-chosen countries like america and europe! By the way, are you planning to get married soon? It'll be nice if you visit the country,have a look around the place, and meet your prospective family-in-laws! It'll be fun and exciting,not only for you but for your bride's family as well.
    Worry is like a rocking chair;It gives you something to do,but it doesn't get you anywhere!

You cannot really expect the bride's family to help pay for the wedding, the total cost is down to the guy. At the end of the day £1000 - £2000 for a wedding is sooooo much cheaper than a wedding in the UK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno
    You cannot really expect the bride's family to help pay for the wedding, the total cost is down to the guy.
    I agree with John on this and suggest that in all discussions are made from this perspective

However I think you can expect the bride to pay for her own wedding dress - mine did

I married in a Barong which by tradition was a gift to me from the principal sponsor

On our wedding invitations I included the words - "we have reserved xx seats for you" - hopefully this allows your guests to understand that it is not an open invitation to all their family - in the main this worked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information