Thread: Problem with Abbey bank

Problem with Abbey bank

I have an abbey account and I would like to complain about the money taken out from my account which is 690pounds, they charged me this last 7th of April, I found out about this last 7th of May and called them to return my money. I didn't authorised anybody to take away this amount of money and Abbey let this happen, they didn't even check if the transaction is authorised. It's almost 2months now since i filed a complaint to them and still nothing's happening.. I always call them and they're just telling me that the money will be returned... I'm really frustrated.. I hope anyone can help please.

Send a recorded letter to the Fraud Department clearly stating everything that has happened, and finish off mentioning legal action.
    Keith - Administrator

I already did this actually and fraud department told me it's not a fraud, and that I must contact Abbey which I did several times. :(

if they say its not fraud, then wheres your money gone, how was your money taken? atm machine, cheque, online banking ? they must know how and where the money went, cannot be that hard to trace the money..

if its been 8wks
    write to the Financial Ombudsman Service, who will tell you whether they can help and, if so, how to proceed.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

yeah, financial ombudsman replied to my email as well... it's just so frustrating that they're not doing anything, it's actually a bill payment to a certain company which I don't know anything at all.. they took my money in just one click and now I have to wait for like months... it's so unfair.

Go the CAB
    Keith - Administrator

what's CAB?

it amazes me, that you can go and steal something from a supermarket and if caught, the police will come and maybe prosecute you for a couple of £, while someone can steal near £700 form your bank or Credit card and they could easily follow the money trail and they police don't want to know .. madness

i know. I want to prosecute ABBEY but how?? This is just bank's tactic to use people's money.. and they have all the excuse that they can have...

Citizen Advice Bureau
    Keith - Administrator

Hi Raindear,

We also had a problem with Abbey, my husband rang them all day and have spoken with manager or supervisor, no results? He wrote an email and someone get hold of him and fixed the issue, they also paid us for for the inconveniences caused. Now they are sending us letters to make us go back to them

Call them or write them an email. Try to be more clear with your explanations. Tell them you want answers and you will not get off the phone until you get your reply or get someone important to talk with you.

Hope this helps.

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    Hi Raindear,

We also had a problem with Abbey, my husband rang them all day and have spoken with manager or supervisor, no results? He wrote an email and someone get hold of him and fixed the issue, they also paid us for for the inconveniences caused. Now they are sending us letters to make us go back to them

Call them or write them an email. Try to be more clear with your explanations. Tell them you want answers and you will not get off the phone until you get your reply or get someone important to talk with you.

Hope this helps.
    Exactly complaining is becoming more of an art and companies are wising up also.

State all the details clearly and ask clear questions of abbey.

It is worth getting the CAB involved they will be able to help you and sometimes just a call from them can help get the wheels in action or who to speak/write to and what to say.

I tried calling them several times and emailing them a lot of times as well. I have all the email in my inbox and they're just saying that the money will be returned but no results still :(

Probably worth going to see a solicitor then, and have him send them a letter, it should only cost around £30 and should speed up the process, or at least get you a decent response.
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information