Quote Originally Posted by ibc-manchester View Post
Mabuhay!

We've noticed a distinct lack of qualified Filipino Interpreters in the North of England. Therefore (hope administrators don't mind) we decided to join here and tell you all a little more about us.

We are a translation and Interpretation agency based in Bolton, just north of Manchester. We work with a variety of agencies, companies and private individuals. We believe that experience and personality count for a lot in making a good Interpreter, which is why we are willing to give free training to people with little formal experience in Interpreting, but with the desire to learn and a very good knowledge of the English language.

There is a distinct advantage for anyone with perhaps a degree in English or some other test of English language skills, in becoming a freelance Interpreter as currently there are only a handful throughout the country and most of these are based in London.

If anyone is interested in learning more about how to get into the language services industry, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Alex,
IBC Language Services Ltd
Hi Alex,

The role sounds very interesting and I would like to know more about the type of interpreting that your company offers.

I worked as a freelance interpreter in Italy for seven years, and undertook simultaneous and written translation for Milan Court of Justice, Polizia di Stato and other government departments. I currently do not have a degree in English,but am working towards this having completed the GCSE course this year, and will begin an A level course due in 08/09.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Peanutz