Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 19 mos in UK...

Enjoy today

For it may get worse tomorrow

Higher food costs
    Higher fuel costs
    Higher taxes

....and worst of all.....you will probably still be alive to enjoy it!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    I find to my shock and horror that there is a lot of month left, at the end of the money.....

My fuel bill is in telephone numbers figures, my tax rebate has vanished into adjustments to the tax code....

Help..............

[B]be cool mate... anywhere we go, it's all getting worse...at least, there in UK, there's lots of jobs, unlike here in Philippines. Though, UK is getting more expensive, if we work hard, then we will not starve,unlike in other countries, even how they wanted to work,but there's no available job.
    Like me and my husband, we really wanted to stay here in Philippines for good coz we already have our own little house that we don't worry for mortgage, we don't need to pay for council tax and TV license,etc... but we still need to go back to the UK to earn money, coz here in Philippines it's not as expensive as UK but we have no income here to sustain our daily expenses.especially the business here is getting crazy.
    lucky for those who are pensioners already, at least they will enjoy their pension if they will spend it here in Philippines than in UK.
    so for us that have no pension yet and no big savings, we have to accept and enjoy the expensive life in UK either we like it or not... no choice

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Enjoy today

For it may get worse tomorrow

Higher food costs
    Higher fuel costs
    Higher taxes

....and worst of all.....you will probably still be alive to enjoy it!

couldn't agree for more..

how much is the tax deduction?
    True love waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Toooooooooooooooooooo Much!

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    if any body read this news from news of the world, THE BIGGEST PAY-OUT

explain tooooooooooooo much.thank's.
    True love waits.

Tax and National Insurance take about 40% of your salary before you even see it and that's just the start of it, after that just about everthing else has 17.5% VAT (Value Added Tax) added and the only things that are not taxed as far as I am aware are food and childrens clothing.

As far as fuel duty is concerned that is currently taxed at about £0.5035 + VAT of 17.5% on the full retail price, which currently totals up to about £1.20 per litre.
    Iain

Thank you Iain for the detailed explaination.
    True love waits.

Banned
    Tax and National Insurance take about 40% of your salary before you even see it and that's just the start of it, after that just about everthing else has 17.5% VAT (Value Added Tax) added and the only things that are not taxed as far as I am aware are food and childrens clothing.

As far as fuel duty is concerned that is currently taxed at about £0.5035 + VAT of 17.5% on the full retail price, which currently totals up to about £1.20 per litre.
    Iain
    You're obviously on loads of money and taxed at a higher rate

Quote Originally Posted by robeth View Post
    How i wish!!
    but hubby will only give me £20 per week allowance ! if im lucky?
    you working 6days a week and end up no money and your hubby just give £20 allowance a week ,why you allowed your hubby to keep all your money thats your wages its alright sharing to pay the house bills but not all of your wages.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    For people earning less than £34,000 PA, the basic rate of tax is 22%. However, you don't pay tax on your entire salary... there is a personal allowance. For example, if your salary was £15,000 PA, you would receive a personal allowance of £5000 approx, meaning you only pay tax on £10,000 not the full £15,000.

National insurance is about 11% I think but this is not a tax. This is your contribution to the benefits system, to cover health care etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    For people earning less than £34,000 PA, the basic rate of tax is 22%. However, you don't pay tax on your entire salary... there is a personal allowance. For example, if your salary was £15,000 PA, you would receive a personal allowance of £5000 approx, meaning you only pay tax on £10,000 not the full £15,000.

National insurance is about 11% I think but this is not a tax. This is your contribution to the benefits system, to cover health care etc.
    Thank you tomm for explaining further.
    True love waits.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post

Whatever...... It's still Toooooooooooooooo Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

Banned
    Whatever...... It's still Toooooooooooooooo Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch
    Then go and live to the Philippines that u even can cheat your tax not to pay it,but expect the 350 pesos daily wage

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    you working 6days a week and end up no money and your hubby just give £20 allowance a week ,why you allowed your hubby to keep all your money thats your wages its alright sharing to pay the house bills but not all of your wages.....

£20 a week Only if i am not working!

Actually £20 a week allowance is too much for someone who gets free rent, free meals, free cuddles, free broadband and an extension holder of his credit card...not to mention all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....

He is curious whats left in my bank account (which he says is always BIG secret ) but not interested in taking my money....I pay my bills myself...and his bills himself...
    insanity- doing the same thing over and over again,expecting a different outcome...

all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....

you mean robeth he want you to pay back all expenses he paid to you to get here, what a nice couple, will exactly the same to my friend thats what her hubby said to her,her wages is not enough to pay (sa mag ina) visa's to get here in UK

ILR is already £950????

Only £950 if you apply in person,think its £750 by post.

that's a relief, thanks for clarifying jonnijon..

that's a relief, thanks for clarifying jonnijon..

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....

you mean robeth he want you to pay back all expenses he paid to you to get here, what a nice couple, will exactly the same to my friend thats what her hubby said to her,her wages is not enough to pay (sa mag ina) visa's to get here in UK

NOPE it doesnt mean that he want me to pay back all the expenses he spent on me but i VOLUNTARILY want to share because i think its the most sensible thing to do. He WAS quite well off and he's not "garapal" about money, which I appreciate.
    insanity- doing the same thing over and over again,expecting a different outcome...

same here I voluntarily shared some of my wage to my hubby robeth as I dont want to be a laid housewife.I want to at least gives back a little bit of the kindness he is showing me and as well to help him a bit for financial expenses although he didnt asked me to but I offered coz I know its not cheap living in U.K before when I wansnt working I also get 20 pound a week but then I get bored staying at home all day long and counting days so I really insisted on working even if he doesnt want me to.I am not used of staying at home.I am more on a busy side of life
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

There's been no talk about buying or owning property in this thread.. I reckon the only real way to make money in Britain is too get a mortgage on a property (even if it's just a one bedroom flat like me and Vimvie have..) in 20 years time it could be worth three times more than you payed for it. I've recently had the opportunity to buy a freehold garage and although I don't even need it, I borrowed a further £14,000 on my mortgage to buy it. I may rent it out but it's full of my old junk at the moment. So what I'm saying is, if you intend to live in this country for 20 or 25 years, buy a property! I can't believe that sometimes people get the opportunity to buy their council houses at a discounted price - and they turn the offer down! Buy! Buy! Buy! Not buying could mean you've thrown away the chance of ever making any money!! Renting a place means your throwing your money away, get a mortgage on a property and you'll be quids in the future!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    There's been no talk about buying or owning property in this thread.. I reckon the only real way to make money in Britain is too get a mortgage on a property (even if it's just a one bedroom flat like me and Vimvie have..) in 20 years time it could be worth three times more than you payed for it. I've recently had the opportunity to buy a freehold garage and although I don't even need it, I borrowed a further £14,000 on my mortgage to buy it. I may rent it out but it's full of my old junk at the moment. So what I'm saying is, if you intend to live in this country for 20 or 25 years, buy a property! I can't believe that sometimes people get the opportunity to buy their council houses at a discounted price - and they turn the offer down! Buy! Buy! Buy! Not buying could mean you've thrown away the chance of ever making any money!! Renting a place means your throwing your money away, get a mortgage on a property and you'll be quids in the future!
    Again? Jeez, what are you an estate agent or something?

why bolden letterswe can see quite alright yet

sowi nigel but your recent reply to this thread doesnt make sense to the topic

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by robeth View Post
    NOPE it doesnt mean that he want me to pay back all the expenses he spent on me but i VOLUNTARILY want to share because i think its the most sensible thing to do. He WAS quite well off and he's not "garapal" about money, which I appreciate.
    Quite right to your partners and should share both the good times, bad times and the burden.

Many uk partners may have made a tremdous sacrfice so you can be together and sometimes digging in to life savings, taking loans and alsorts.

Relationships shouldn't be based on who owns/earns what but relationships can defintely be burdened by money issues.

My Wife earns and if she wants trips to phill or something for her self she earns it herself. She will also be paying her British citzenship fees herself.
    She is happen with this situation as thats how we want her little bro and sis brought up and our kids.

I.e if you want something you pay for it yourself not rely on others.

When my Wife didn't work and now days with her Bro and Sis they have an allowance and they have to manage all on that. I also only pay myself an allowance and once its spent tough luck no more snacks at work or pints down the pub. The rest goes to our houshold for all to share.

Remeber we dont hide the money tree from you phills it doesn't exist

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post

Remeber we dont hide the money tree from you phills it doesn't exist
    I've been looking all my life for that money tree. You don't mean to say there is no Money Tree? I've been conned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information