Hi there,

Just moved here in sunny Dover a few months ago with the family. We have been living in Penarth (just outside Cardiff) previously and we have seen more sunshine here in Dover in a few months than the last 8 years in Cardiff

Call me Tes, full name Marites Franklin. I am originally from Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro and Las Pinas, Manila (Philippines). My husband's name is Nigel and we have two lovely children Roben, 8 and Sonia, 6.

I've met a few Filipino nurses in Dover, mostly parents of Filipino children going into the same school as mine's (St. Richard's primary school) but haven't met anyone of my age (40ish) yet so hopefully I can meet some locally through this site. Everyone calls me ATE and I am sick of it, after all I am not really that old! I used to have a small circle of Filipina friends in Penarth and there is a big community of Filipinos in Cardiff which unfortunately is not the same in Dover, understandably because it is only a small town.

I'm missing the Filipino groceries too! Thais r us in Canterbury has a small selection of Filipino food but we have to travel to Croydon once a month to get the bulk of our grocery shopping. Anyone knows if there is one nearer Dover which is more well stocked?

I am still browsing some of the threads here, looks interesting. I'm pleased I found this forum.

TES