Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any idea about home office document?

any idea about home office document?

hi everyone!

i'm now in scotland just yesterday. this morning, me & my hubby went to his local clinic in livingston to have me registered, however, they asked for some requirements such as home office documents. does anybody here have any idea what is it? how to have one? or anybody have any experience such as this?

thanks ahead for any reply!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    hi everyone!

i'm now in scotland just yesterday. this morning, me & my hubby went to his local clinic in livingston to have me registered, however, they asked for some requirements such as home office documents. does anybody here have any idea what is it? how to have one? or anybody have any experience such as this?

Just show them the visa slip in your passport, that should be good enough.

Iain.

i don't think the HO will send documents out any more stating your status, like Iain said, all you've got is your passport with your visa status in that, might be a good idea to take your husbands passport and marriage cert in case they want more evidence !

i just send my passfort,and my husband passfort,marriage certificate,
    health card(if u have one from phil.)

hi everyone!

just show to them your passport and the visa to prove them that you are married

thanks for your advices!

we'll be going there this afternoon, i'll just bring sufficient docs as what you guys have mentioned. hope they'll be satisfied with it & have me registered!

thanks again!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

if i remember it right...

if i remember it right, we just went there at the GP where my hubby is registered and then told them that we just got here in scotland and thats it, we filled up a form and then got registered there. and the NHS will send you a letter too which is important so dont lose it

thanks for your advices!

we'll be going there this afternoon, i'll just bring sufficient docs as what you guys have mentioned. hope they'll be satisfied with it & have me registered!

thanks again!
    islander first check up they gonna do with you is SMEAR a cervical check up you don't need to be shy in it bcoz all women here in uk age 16 over need it done.

like everyone says only need passports

the doctor will give you a GMS1 form to fill in

regards martin

correct

i didnt experience that islander.......
    my husband just asked his gp then gave him a form i fill it in..after few weeks got my card..simple! same as my dental.....

hope u can get yours soon...
    how do you find the weather in scotland? hehehehhehe!
    My husband used to worked in livingston.

goodluck!

ann

same here Islander not experience it.my husband`s with me when I registered myself to our local GP and we just told them that we`re married and he`s brirish national and that was it
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    i didnt experience that islander.......
    my husband just asked his gp then gave him a form i fill it in..after few weeks got my card..simple! same as my dental.....

hope u can get yours soon...
    how do you find the weather in scotland? hehehehhehe!
    My husband used to worked in livingston.

goodluck!

ann
    hi ann07!

we went there again this afternoon to submit the form but they're really looking for the letter from HO, although she looked into my passport but still require the letter. this is really bad!

btw, weather is very good today, there's a little sun & no rain at all. just hope it stays the same til winter, makes me miss sunny cebu!
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

hi ann07!

we went there again this afternoon to submit the form but they're really looking for the letter from HO, although she looked into my passport but still require the letter. this is really bad!

btw, weather is very good today, there's a little sun & no rain at all. just hope it stays the same til winter, makes me miss sunny cebu!
    hi sis,

when I also registered with our GP they only require me my passport and of course they looked at my visa and I got registered no problem..

have u told them that ure on a spouse visa??what about trying to show them ur marriage certificate??

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    hi sis,

when I also registered with our GP they only require me my passport and of course they looked at my visa and I got registered no problem..

have u told them that ure on a spouse visa??what about trying to show them ur marriage certificate??
    hi sis!

well, she knew that i'm on spouse visa coz my hubby is with me. she said the requirements now have changed coz we did mention to her about what me & my hubby read in the forum, my hubby even told her i need to be registered coz i might get pregnant soon. maybe, we will just contact the HO about this. my hubby is just worried what if i get sick & i'm not yet registered. yes, i brought with me our marriage cert. but she didnt care to look.
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

You will need to get an NHS medical card first...

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...articleId=887#

Then you can register with your GP.

http://www.psd.scot.nhs.uk/doctors/r...-practice.html

you are taking up permanent residence in the UK, so you are entitled to free National Health Service (NHS) hospital treatment (evidence your visa)

print this page and go back to the or try another clinic/GP

TAKING UP PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN SCOTLAND?
    WHAT ARE YOUR HEALTH CARE ENTITLEMENTS?

married to a person living in the UK

How do I register with the NHS when I move to England?

hi ann07!

that is bad islander
    Is she a receptionist or the gp? I experienced that onetime with the receptionist doesnt really bothered when i tried to register my baby for his dental but i still insist and went straight to my dentist and he gets the form ..thats it! my son is now registered !

hehehehe miss sunny cebu too..but soon you will get used to it.

hi sis!

well, she knew that i'm on spouse visa coz my hubby is with me. she said the requirements now have changed coz we did mention to her about what me & my hubby read in the forum, my hubby even told her i need to be registered coz i might get pregnant soon. maybe, we will just contact the HO about this. my hubby is just worried what if i get sick & i'm not yet registered. yes, i brought with me our marriage cert. but she didnt care to look.
    Hi Islander,
    I suggest you contact your GP surgery again and ask them to spell out in detail the exact the name of this supposed "Home Office Document" they say they require, cos it seems to me that almost all of members of the forum that have already registered with GP's didn't need anything other than passport and maybe marriage certificate. Then if there is such a document that no one on here seems to know about, you could try emailing the Home Office at ukbapublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to see why you haven't been issued with one.

Iain.

i'm pretty certain, as i said b4, that the HO will not send you a letter stating your status, i think they use to, but as others have said, passport and marriage license should be enough..

when my misses was offered a job in the nhs ,and they wanted to check she was entitled to work in the uk, not only did they want to see my wife's passport, also my passport and for me to show up to

hi sis!

sorry islander but soon as possible contact the HO regarding this matter

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi Islander,
    I suggest you contact your GP surgery again and ask them to spell out in detail the exact the name of this supposed "Home Office Document" they say they require, cos it seems to me that almost all of members of the forum that have already registered with GP's didn't need anything other than passport and maybe marriage certificate. Then if there is such a document that no one on here seems to know about, you could try emailing the Home Office at ukbapublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to see why you haven't been issued with one.

Iain.
    HAVE TRIED EMAILING THEM & ITS ONLY TODAY THAT I GOT A REPLY, IT SAYS ...

Thank you for your enquiry.
    You may be eligible to receive NHS treatment if:
    you have been issued 12 months leave to remain in the UK in any immigration category.

Please contact your Local Health Authority for further information.

You are advised to write to the UK Border Agency address with all the details for a status letter and the relevant department will look into your request.

UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road , Croydon , CR9 2BY .

Yours sincerely,

Umar Saif
    Immigration Group
    UK Border Agency

I'M A BIT CONFUSED, DOES THIS MEAN I'M NOT ENTITLED FOR A FREE HEALTH CARE CONSIDERING THAT I'M STILL HOLDING A SETTLEMENT (SPOUSAL) VISA?

THANKS AHEAD!

thanks ahead!
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Dont worry Islander, you definately are entitled to free medical care on a spousal visa. I think that the doctors surgery you chose to register with are just being very picky. As you've heard from myself and other members on here, Most doctors usually only require you to show your visa slip in your passport.
    Iain.

they are very strict ANO BA YAN? when my hubby registered me in the GP they don't even asked any paper as an evidence that we are married.

FINALLY, I'M NOW REGISTERED & EVEN HAD MY PRELIMINARY CHECK-UP JUST RECENTLY.

well, my hubby called the local healthboard office prior to that & complained about it and they then advised the local clinic thats its ok for me to be registered. that's it!

anyway, thanks guys for all your advices & continued support!
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

thats good news islander..you are now in the health system

ann

FINALLY, I'M NOW REGISTERED & EVEN HAD MY PRIMARY CHECK-UP.

well, my hubby called the local healthboard office prior to that & complained about it and they then advised the local clinic thats its ok for me to be registered. that's it!

anyway, thanks guys for all your advices & continued support!
    Great news, I told you they were just being picky.
    Iain.

thats good to hear sis islander..

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    thats good to hear sis islander..

thanks sis!

btw, we went to glasgow yesterday with my hubby, i remembered you, i even wondered where your place is, hehehe!
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

thanks sis!

btw, we went to glasgow yesterday with my hubby, i remembered you, i even wondered where your place is, hehehe!
    hi sis,

hope we can meet sometime..when are u going back here in Glasgow??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information