Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: student visa

student visa

hi everyone! i'm just new here. i know there are a few posts regarding student visa application but they all happened many months ago. can someone share his/her recent experience applying for student visa? some of my school mates received their visa after 2 weeks (that was may 2008) but in my case i've been waiting for 3 weeks now (15 working days to be exact). i dunno if its normal to feel like depressed, worried, mixed emotions i can't really explain.

i've tried online tracking but it always says "forwarded to british commission...." i didn't go out for the past 3 weeks now i'm looking forward the courier service will knock at my door with good news.

Hi Doonat,
    If you read WalesRob's post http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=9295 it may be that this might have something to do with the hold up.
    Iain.

Hi doonat pls dont get paranoid as everybody here said the cause of delays probably because they`ve just trasfered their location.just pray and dont worry about itcroos finger
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

yeah that site really helped calm me down now all i have to do is wait probably i'll have it by next week.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi! we have the same case. i'm also waiting for the my visa and same with you i've been really nervous. it's also 20 working days to be exact.

oh my! it's nearly a month and i'm starting to get paranoid, can't wait to see the result. i haven't got out of my pad for more than three weeks...

inform me if u got your visa

pls try to be calm doonat, but I understand how u feel I been to that situation before waiting for the result just be positive.

Hi Doonat, Any update?

@marky
    still breathing but no update yet, its been 1 month and 2 days to be exact....

@terrie
    yeah i'm crossing my fingers for a positive outcome, hoping the long wait is a sign of much better chance getting a visa.... for the mean time try to live a normal life im finishing a computer game to kill time

1 month and 2 days? that was too long... i thought it will take 10 to 15 days for non-settlement? when is the start date of your class/training in UK?

classes is this coming september 3 2008. i guess its the peak season thats y its taking up so long... a friend of mine got his visa after 1.5 month, while my other friend got it in just 2 weeks, they both applied the same time i guess it really depends on the applicant.

i applied last june 23, coz they say the embassy wouldn't issue a visa longer than 2 months prior to the start of the class...

application status changed this morning ... then after lunch someone came giving me a pink plastik bag... opened it then there's my visa! atlast after 6 weeks of waiting

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    application status changed this morning ... then after lunch someone came giving me a pink plastik bag... opened it then there's my visa! atlast after 6 weeks of waiting
    Congratulations!!!! YOu may now proceed with the visa application of your cousin.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Congrats Doonat.... Welcome to the UK...

Congratulations Doonat.
    Louella & Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    Congratulations!!!! YOu may now proceed with the visa application of your cousin.
    yup finally i got the contract, next application is for my nephew i hope everything turns fine too. i wont be waiting for his visa coz im planning to have my flight this 2nd week of august.

thanks to this forum it kept me busy for quite some time while waiting .. now im more troubled i can't sleep im so excited

6 weeks of waiting is worth it though i miss partying at night. celebration starts tonight

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    yup finally i got the contract, next application is for my nephew i hope everything turns fine too. i wont be waiting for his visa coz im planning to have my flight this 2nd week of august.

thanks to this forum it kept me busy for quite some time while waiting .. now im more troubled i can't sleep im so excited

6 weeks of waiting is worth it though i miss partying at night. celebration starts tonight
    Have a safe flight to UK!!!!
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

thanks! and thanks to all

london well away from those people up norf
    Nice one Doonat

Hello Doonut! I am applying for a student visa soon (just waiting for some docs from Univ of Greenwich ie Visa Letter)... my sister will be sponsoring me, what docs did u submit with regards to financials.. any tips? Thanks in advance!!!!

if your sister is here in the philippines, you need to show she has the financial capability to support you. submit orig documents like income tax return, bank statements (millions) or bank certificate, proof of properties owned (like land titles, car, house & lot), other sources of income like stocks, and affidavit of support stating she is willing to spend for your education. if she has business, include business permit, etc...

if she's abroad, bank statements for the last 6 months, pay slips, credit card statements, any remittance slip, etc..

so far that's all i can remember. check the uk embassy for other docs needed. goodluck on your appplication!

Thanks for the reply Doonat Btw, my sister is a British Citizen

One more question pls:

Is it that important that I demonstrate that I will go back here in the Philippines after studies (like in the previous immig rules) or just answer neutral e.g. for the question "what are you going to do after you finish all your studies in the UK"

Thanks again!

you're welcome!

for better chances of getting a visa you must convince them you're really coming back after your studies (like putting up ur business or be employed in a prestigious company or whatever valid reasons you can think of). i know you can't help to tell the truth but a simple lie can make a difference

got to go now, i have a plane to catch in 12 hrs.

ok thanks! bon voyage and enjoy your stay

does the evidence of support from my sponsor is enough for the funds i need to show in applying visa? or its still needed for me to have my own personal bank account?

regarding affidavit of support, does my sponsor really need to specify how much amount of money she will provide for me?
    or just the statement that she will support me financially, and my accommodation is already enough proof.

Banned
    What sort of visa you are applying for................

student visa

Quote Originally Posted by ballistix View Post
    does the evidence of support from my sponsor is enough for the funds i need to show in applying visa? or its still needed for me to have my own personal bank account?

regarding affidavit of support, does my sponsor really need to specify how much amount of money she will provide for me?
    or just the statement that she will support me financially, and my accommodation is already enough proof.
    it is necessary to show both a letter from your sponsor stating details of their support and evidence of their financial position and circumstances in documents such as bank statements, evidence of employment and details of assets owned.

your sponsor must be able to show that they have the finances to support you, if you don't have the money to pay for your course, then your sponsor must show they can afford to pay it.

big thanks joebloggs

now its clear to me. coz i don't have huge money right now in my personal account . i believe the documents i have right now from my sponsor is enough to support my studies and staying in UK.

probably ill ask my sponsor to sent me another letter which is more detailed and specific.

good luck, but i've heard of people with sponsors who had £10,000s in the bank but still refused.

so maybe they should have cash in the bank to cover at least 1yr of your fees, and other expenses to help get your visa.

there are people on here who got student visas, maybe their too busy studying ............ or working

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information