Hey guys

I just could not wait. I booked my flight on Thursday night at around midnight and turned up and surprised Pia and her family yesterday afternoon Wow were they shocked! BUt oh my; so much travelling. Leeds -Amsterdam - Manila - Butuan and finally to Surigao.

How I love being in da Phils! From the multi-cab driver who wanted 500 pesos to take me to the busterminal from the airport to the wonderful shoe-shine kids at the Butuan bus terminal, who as soon as I ask how much they will charge to shine my shoes, smile and say "pipty pesos". I got them down to doha (two) but gave them fifty anyway as they are always so nice.

As Elena, Juliet, Maricar and Pat know already, Pia was really surprised to see me and it is so great being back. I have already had my bulalo, pancit canton, lechon baboy, etc.

They are having several days of basket ball competition on the court right next door to Pia's house so it is really vibrant and all my little friends are there. It was so wonderful to jump off the bus with my bright red suitcase (Pia loves red) and cross the road and have all the kids shouting Tito Toks, Tito Toks.

Pia and I have just had our pedicure and manicure and I thought I would update you guys while she is having her eyebrows shaped. When we arrived at the salon there was this really cute little girl there and as soon as she saw me she was so excited and kept repeating "mama, arang kadako ug kaitom" (mummy he is so big and dark). Her mother was embarassed and got up to take her daughter outbut Pia told her it was ok.

We are off to eat again now!

I will be meeting a few forumers on Saturday when i return to Manila on my way home.

God bless you all and see you soon!

Toks