Hi,

Just an update on my situation. A while back, around the time of the David Scott case, I was set to go to Davao to meet my gf. We had already met in HK, and had started the annulment process.

I was due to go there in March, but I got freaked out after the David Scott incident. Maybe because I am selfish - but I didn't want to put Shei in that situation either. She has a young daughter - just 10 years old now - and I simply couldn't run the risk. Also, I have to take care of my parents here - my father has been ill the last 10 years. Without me, they cannot cope. Finally, I have a big fear of being locked anywhere. So much so, I wake in the middle of the night screaming and yanking open a door.

I digress.

We talked many hours, and in the last day - I cancelled. The worst decision I made in my life - but maybe the right decision - since the annulment was ongoing. After all, I have to respect the laws of the country that I am a guest at.

Shei has now had her annulment processed - she had an annotated MC that came from the NSO - stating "Pursuant to the judgement of Judge Dredd, to the Cotabato Regional Court, under case xx-yyyy the marriage between Shei and her husband is hereby declared null and void".

Shei also asked the NSO for a CENOMAR - however, it came back showing that there was one match in the national index of marriages. I guess that is correct (since a marriage took place - although it is now annulled).

The NSO document is all that is needed for future visa applications in terms of proving eligibility to wed again? Also, bearing in mind that she is now annulled, I guess we are safe from falling foul of the adultery laws of the Philippines.