Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's Cheap Place to Live in UK?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where's Cheap Place to Live in UK?

Greetings to all!

Can anyone give any suggestion and advices to where in United Kingdom are cheap to live? in form of House Morgages or Rent, Transportation accessible to Central London? Cheap Foods, Clothings and Billings expenses? and great place to start a new family life?

[QUOTE=gaius;78131]Greetings to all!

Can anyone give any suggestion and advices to where in United Kingdom are cheap to live? in form of House Morgages or Rent, Transportation accessible to Central London? Cheap Foods, Clothings and Billings expenses? and great place to start a new family life?[/QUOTE
    no place in the UK is cheap

[QUOTE=vbkelly;78133]
    Quote Originally Posted by gaius View Post
    Greetings to all!

Can anyone give any suggestion and advices to where in United Kingdom are cheap to live? in form of House Morgages or Rent, Transportation accessible to Central London? Cheap Foods, Clothings and Billings expenses? and great place to start a new family life?[/QUOTE
    no place in the UK is cheap
    hi, yes your right, no place here in UK that is cheap....its very imposible to have..esp in business area in central london, im here in london and OMG, all is expensive....thats why my partner settle down here and buy his house 8n years ago and he let someone rent it 2 years before i arrived and lived in his other flat east london while working, ive heard in the news, less percent of the family here in london owned their own houses.....almost all is renting and almost all ages under 30's just renting coz its very expensive but dont worry because its very accesible here, some will just walk to work...

hope it asnwers, but well im sure you guys can do it esp you have nice job...cheers

Where's Cheap Place to Live in UK?
    Keith - Administrator

Greetings to all!

Can anyone give any suggestion and advices to where in United Kingdom are cheap to live? in form of House Morgages or Rent, Transportation accessible to Central London? Cheap Foods, Clothings and Billings expenses? and great place to start a new family life?
    Hi ther. Sorry but those words are not synonomous with cheap, especially when further applied to Central London. The East Side of London is still generally cheaper than most but that is changing with the 2012 Olympic games related development going on there.

Do you require daily access to Central London or occasonal?
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Cheap! I mean, when I'm live in Central London and rent a 2bedroom flat house, this will cost me 1000 to 1200 pounds/month, but when I go Surrey and rent the same flat model house, this will only cost me 600+ to 800+ pounds. Now, I believe Surrey is little bit cheaper place to live than in Central London. Is there any more place as such cheaper as Surrey?, since I don't prefer this place to start a family life.

Respected Member

Wink

Cheap! I mean, when I'm live in Central London and rent a 2bedroom flat house, this will cost me 1000 to 1200 pounds/month, but when I go Surrey and rent the same flat model house, this will only cost me 600+ to 800+ pounds. Now, I believe Surrey is little bit cheaper place to live than in Central London. Is there any more place as such cheaper as Surrey?, since I don't prefer this place to start a family life.
    hi i have been looking at birmingham a nice 1 bedroomed flat 325 month in a fair area ok not london but nice place to live as well

the more north you go the cheaper it gets but you get the better weather down south

Whereabouts, in Central London, do you need to have access to, and how long are you prepared to travel for?

It could be worth looking out in the Reading direction, and even beyond - to Newbury, etc. There is a reasonable rail service in to Paddington station.

I think Surrey and Berkshire are both pretty nice. Both can be pricey, depending on where of course.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

when talking about london nothing can beat the expensive living there
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

I'm in surrey and I reckon you would do well to start here... Why do you need access to London? You or your hubby have got work there right?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

london well away from those people up norf
    When you say you dont like Surrey which part are you living in?

Remeber the further away from London you live the more it will cost to commute in and longer in time.

I see a lot of people looking just a little depressed on the train when i get off and they have another hour on the train or so.

Well, I'm not familiar yet with the places up north side since my Wife is presently working and living in Central London, and I'm still here in the Philippines. I'll be joining with her this coming last quarter of the this year. She knew much of the better places down south yet doesn't have any idea of the living cost there. I'm browsing Google Earth online up in north and east side of UK checking the map route of trains. We plan to start a new life away from Central London.

Well, I'm not familiar yet with the places up north side since my Wife is presently working and living in Central London, and I'm still here in the Philippines. I'll be joining with her this coming last quarter of the this year. She knew much of the better places down south yet doesn't have any idea of the living cost there. I'm browsing Google Earth online up in north and east side of UK checking the map route of trains. We plan to start a new life away from Central London.
    Far better ways of checking trains routes in and out of London.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

http://www.transportdirect.info/web2...epeatingloop=Y

This for london and surrouding area.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

I would suggest for checking out areas

http://www.upmystreet.com/

Hopeful they give you a little more info.

Feel free to post questions on here im sure other posters as well as me will help you give you a Brits eye view

You might find this interesting...

We should probably take this with a pinch of salt but here are Britains worst top ten towns to live in according to the Sunday Telelgraph:

10 Hackney (Thought to be dangerous and dirty)
    9 Basingstoke (Thought to be a large grotty town that was designed to take Londons overspill)
    8 Bexhill On Sea (Described as being like an elephants graveyard, populated by people who are waiting to die, and smelling of ammmonia!)
    7 ST Andrews (Thought to be full of irritating English toffee nosed types!)
    6 Liverpool (Thought to be full of men wearing tracksuits, wearing silly moustache's and thieving) - They also said that Liverpool was once one of the richest cities in the world!! What went wrong?
    5 Winchester (A beautiful spot with posh schools but also popular with lager louts leaving broken beer bottles everywhere!!)
    4 Hythe (Thought to be plain boring, apart from the fact the Romans once invaded there.)
    3 Morecambe (Once popular in the 1930's, it was a bit like Blackpool, but has since gone downhill and become unpopular)
    2 Cumbernauld (It's said that the town of Cumbernauld was so badly built...it's basically a platform on stilts, sitting over a network of tunnels and old bunkers...students learning about town building are being shown Cumbernauld as an example of how it should NOT be done!)
    1 Hull (Thought to have very high unemployment there, many of their industries have collapsed, and it's thought there's a large number drug users/heroin addicts there)

6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    You might find this interesting...

We should probably take this with a pinch of salt but here are Britains worst top ten towns to live in according to the Sunday Telelgraph:

10 Hackney (Thought to be dangerous and dirty)
    9 Basingstoke (Thought to be a large grotty town that was designed to take Londons overspill)
    8 Bexhill On Sea (Described as being like an elephants graveyard, populated by people who are waiting to die, and smelling of ammmonia!)
    7 ST Andrews (Thought to be full of irritating English toffee nosed types!)
    6 Liverpool (Thought to be full of men wearing tracksuits, wearing silly moustache's and thieving) - They also said that Liverpool was once one of the richest cities in the world!! What went wrong?
    5 Winchester (A beautiful spot with posh schools but also popular with lager louts leaving broken beer bottles everywhere!!)
    4 Hythe (Thought to be plain boring, apart from the fact the Romans once invaded there.)
    3 Morecambe (Once popular in the 1930's, it was a bit like Blackpool, but has since gone downhill and become unpopular)
    2 Cumbernauld (It's said that the town of Cumbernauld was so badly built...it's basically a platform on stilts, sitting over a network of tunnels and old bunkers...students learning about town building are being shown Cumbernauld as an example of how it should NOT be done!)
    1 Hull (Thought to have very high unemployment there, many of their industries have collapsed, and it's thought there's a large number drug users/heroin addicts there)
    You forgot Hook only area worse around there is the town south of it with a Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    You forgot Hook only area worse around there is the town south of it with a Zoo
    Hehehehehe I guess Chessington is kind of dull...really not much here apart from some half empty bars and that zoo!

6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane

House prices are rapidly dropping now So you can pick up a cupboard in Central London for just under £100,000
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    House prices are rapidly dropping now
    Yep. I think I did well to sell last autumn!

Banned
    House prices are rapidly dropping now So you can pick up a cupboard in Central London for just under £100,000
    I've heard you can buy a whole street in Hull for that... might be worth a look

Please dont say your thinking of moving to London

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Please dont say your thinking of moving to London
    Ha! New Crime wave hits London.

I live in County Durham and its pretty cheap to buy or rent up here, if you're looking to move away from the south.

I bought my 2 up 2 down terraced house about 2 and a half years ago for 64k in a little mining village, really friendly folks up North too

What kind of work do you and your wife do? If you're in the Phils does that mean you are Filipino and your wife is a Brit??

Quote Originally Posted by cruisingkerry View Post
    I live in County Durham and its pretty cheap to buy or rent up here, if you're looking to move away from the south.

I bought my 2 up 2 down terraced house about 2 and a half years ago for 64k in a little mining village, really friendly folks up North too

What kind of work do you and your wife do? If you're in the Phils does that mean you are Filipino and your wife is a Brit??
    Yes, I'm a Filipino and my Wife is a Filipina nurse working in one of hospital in Central London, Im about to join with her this last quarter of this year. Is food are cheap too in Durham?

my opinion is better to leave in co.durham.espccly in ferryhill area.cheap houses and nice people also.

Yes but you need an interpreter

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Yes but you need an interpreter

and why is that? curious

and why is that? curious
    Because of this

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BritishAccents

http://www.collectbritain.co.uk/sear...&step=val_form

hers a pinoy nurse site from that area of the Uk (well sort of)

http://pnn.homestead.com/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information