Thread: having two passports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

having two passports

Just wondering about this passport query, a filipina and son go to stay for 9 months in the philippines they both have british passports and philippine passports, does the child need any sort of visa.

hello ging2x and ricky...and kyle now hehehehe how u doin all?

i dont think so if the baby has a philippine passport. a friend of mine here his daughters have both passports and they dont need visa anytime they go to the philippines and they even want to stay longer there now..

take care
    kisses to kyle

hi ging and ricky and congrats for having a baby,

if the baby have a phil passport i dont think he needs a phil visa to stay longer coz it only means his dual citizen.

by the way ur from fife ... we're from dundee just across the water lol

visa

Hi, From what l have been studying these last few weeks, the answer is no the filipina mum and son do not need a visa if they have both a British and Philippine passport !!!
    They would obviously have to enter the PI using the Philippine passport to negate the need for a visa.
    Much the same as when they return to the UK, you would not try to come here with your PI passport without a valid visa.

Im going thruogh all this child registration process right now but have been told to hang on by the immigration folks as got another nipper en route. Have to say so far they have been most helpful
    Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by gingxrick View Post
    Just wondering about this passport query, a filipina and son go to stay for 9 months in the philippines they both have british passports and philippine passports, does the child need any sort of visa.
    Nothing to worry, they have to use the Filipino passport to enter/exit the Philippines (you must ALWAYS use same passport to enter/exit a country) and have an illimited stay duration there. At the exit, showing also the British passport will act as a visa to let them go out. To exit/enter the UK, use the British passport (same ALWAYS use same passport to enter/exit, are both are recorded by Immigration). In case of questions on your stay, just show the Filipino passport will be the Philippines immigration stamps.

Just always have a copy of kid birth certificate and of your marriage certificate in case of questions at immigration (it's not requested but can help sometimes).
    Best regards.
    Yves

It's a pity you can't use the Filipino passport to enter the Philippines, so you'll have an unlimited visa and then use the British one to exit, cos if show a Filipino on exit I think you'll still have to pay the Philippines Travel Tax.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    It's a pity you can't use the Filipino passport to enter the Philippines, so you'll have an unlimited visa and then use the British one to exit, cos if show a Filipino on exit I think you'll still have to pay the Philippines Travel Tax.
    Iain.
    Nope, you may pay only the P200 exemption as having a permanent residency abroad with the British passport.
    But as I never saw the case, I don't know if you will even have to pay the P200. The only thing I'm sure is that you will not have to pay the full tax at P1620.

As I said, you must use the same passport when entering/exiting or exiting/entering a country to avoid any difficulty as all entry/exit are recorded by immigration (whatever the country is).
    Best regards.
    Yves

Salamat everyone I was just asking for a friend, the information is also good for me and Ging when we take Kyle with us to the Phils.

Once again everyone Salamat. Ricky and Ging

Hi Tiggers0608, So how do you like living in Dundee ? hope we can meet up someday and have a chat. Ricky and Ging

Quote Originally Posted by gingxrick View Post
    hi congrats to both of you for the baby boy kyle,anyway if ging still have a philippines passport she can stay in the PI for a year with the baby and they don't need a visa, coz i went home last april with my philippine passport n british passport and i asked the immigration control if i need to get a visa if i stay there for 2month and they said i can stay for a year with out a visa.

i am wondering about a related sort of thing.But my question will be the other way around.My child connor born in Phil. When he comes here, is he entitled to British passport since me(daddy) is british. Through birth I think.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    i am wondering about a related sort of thing.But my question will be the other way around.My child connor born in Phil. When he comes here, is he entitled to British passport since me(daddy) is british. Through birth I think.
    yes he can get a british passport straight away

Oh thanks. I just wonder how to hold the little guy still for a baby photo hehe

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Yes, as said before the birth have to be recorded at the British Embassy in Manila.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Thread Information